• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Nick Fury #4

14 posts in this topic

You know, a couple of weeks ago, I would have said 8.5/9.0, but at EMCC Steve B. looked over my tanned XM #8 with very clean edges and very nice spine (no color breaks anywhere) and said something like "very, very nice book, you should get a 6.5" and I lost my dinner. :sick:

I guess Steve really doesn't like sun shadow. The thing is, I have an old label 9.4 with more shadow than that, so I'm thinking that when it comes to tanning, I have no idea. I've heard that they've gotten tougher on tanning at CGC lately.

That being said, the tanning on your book isn't bad.

You know, a couple of weeks ago, I would have said 8.5/9.0, but at EMCC Steve B. looked over my tanned XM #8 with very clean edges and very nice spine (no color breaks anywhere) and said something like "very, very nice book, you should get a 6.5" and I lost my dinner. :sick:

Stevie B. is quite the charmer, eh? lol

I've heard that they've gotten tougher on tanning at CGC lately.

That being said, the tanning on your book isn't bad.

I agree on both points, except that they have always been tough on tanning at the CGC. ;)

Shield4.jpg

Here is mine, it has a little chip out on the back, and still got a 9.0... Mine has slight tanning too... in my opinion yours is an 8.0-9.0, wouldn't be surprised if it got a 9.0, i'd be more surprised if it got an 8.0 actually. Just my opinion man :)

Here is mine, it has a little chip out on the back, and still got a 9.0... Mine has slight tanning too... in my opinion yours is an 8.0-9.0, wouldn't be surprised if it got a 9.0, i'd be more surprised if it got an 8.0 actually. Just my opinion man :)

:hi:Lloyd,

The chip out on the back is a production defect for this issue, and your tanning is significantly less (as corroborated with the PQ). Man, Steranko does do a NICE sig! Just my opinion too!

-d