• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

married/restapled covers

2 posts in this topic

Whats the general feeling about this. I bought an ASM 17 I knew had been tampered with. The person selling it said "I think a coupon was removed when I asked about the extra staple." I thought it had been restapled, but lo and behold, it was actually a new cover. The nitwit that did it left an old staple with a piece of the original cover. I took out that staple/piece and it is quite nice. A solid 7-7.5 cover with white page interior. The only thing evident is the extra staple holes on page one. I'm not looking to resell, but to me, this seems like less restorative than say, color touch etc. What if someone actually finds a cover and interior that have matching staple lines and uses authentic/original staples (no restapling)? I'm not much for restored comics, but this probably wouldnt bother me very much if it was done right. Hell, I probably wouldnt even know.

-Brian

(repost since I put it in water cooler by accident)