• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Hiearchy - Final List

43 posts in this topic

Still, when I was a kid, we thought ASM 1 was the holy grail of books. No one even fathomed the Golden Age keys existed, but we could see ASM 1 for our own eyes.

Like others I never looked at it as a second appearance, I looked at it as Spider Man #1. I often wondered if Flash 105 would be worth more if it was Flash 1.

Agree 100%.

If Superman and Batman had just their 1st appearance and no ongoing series in Action and Detective, I think their #1 issues would be even more significant.

In my eyes, Superman #1 and Batman #1 would STILL have been 2nd appearances.

However, and it`s a major however, Superman #1 and Batman #1 have two major factors working for them that elevate them in my eyes above mere "2nd appearance-ness" and which thus makes them much more proportionally significant than ASM #1.

In the case of Superman #1, it`s the fact that it`s the first time a superhero got his own title. This was groundbreaking, precedent setting, etc. In other words, it was huge in the history and evolution of comics.

In the case of Batman #1, it`s the fact that it`s the first appearance of Joker, probably the most recognized villain in comics.