• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twin Cities Pedigree shaping up..........

219 posts in this topic

I see that a bunch of the TC books are now surfacing on Pedigree, Comcilink, etc with grade bumps obviously after a quick pressing and resubmission. The TC books I bought have and will be cracked out and eventually if I ever sell them I might decide to have them pressed and resubbed [hopefully many years down the road] but I find these kind of attempts to make a quick buck to be very annoying [much like Namisgr's J.I.M. run that was bought and flipped]. I hope this back fires for the current owners. Ok feel better, just had to get that off my chest.

I see that a bunch of the TC books are now surfacing on Pedigree, Comcilink, etc with grade bumps obviously after a quick pressing and resubmission. The TC books I bought have and will be cracked out and eventually if I ever sell them I might decide to have them pressed and resubbed [hopefully many years down the road] but I find these kind of attempts to make a quick buck to be very annoying [much like Namisgr's J.I.M. run that was bought and flipped]. I hope this back fires for the current owners. Ok feel better, just had to get that off my chest.

Well Said !! My Friend (thumbs u

Well Said !! My Friend (thumbs u

+1 X 1,000,000

wow. i can tell the difference in the pressing, just look at the top edge of the cover.

But there's no getting rid of the thin tanning stripe along the bottom edge.

Man I hate this pressing issue. I can somewhat understand the reason to press for your personal collection, the results are outstanding, but most of the time when it is discussed on this board it's usually for monetary reasons.

pressing for your personal collection makes less sense to me than for the monetary reasons (shrug)

wow. i can tell the difference in the pressing, just look at the top edge of the cover.

it's called a dust shadow. :gossip:

Strange Tales 115 CGC 9.4 white Twin Cities, sold on Heritage on 5/5/11 for $6237, is now is a 9.6 listed on wwcomics with an asking price of $15000.

Man I love this hobby!

it drives me crazy that CGC doesn't downgrade dust shadows much...20 yrs ago, the truly high grade could not have shadows..

Sure they could. Some MH books had dust shadows and they were still listed as NM/M back then.

Strange Tales 115 CGC 9.4 white Twin Cities, sold on Heritage on 5/5/11 for $6237, is now is a 9.6 listed on wwcomics with an asking price of $15000.

Man I love this hobby!

I want royalties on that line!

Supposedly dust shadows are removable, but since CGC barely downgrades for them, flippers have never bothered.

Supposedly dust shadows are removable, but since CGC barely downgrades for them, flippers have never bothered.

Pretty sure it isn't. A layer of dust can be wiped off (I've done it on old attic find books) and that lessens the effect but once the dust in the paper fibres, nothing short of a wash will get it out, and a wash will change the cover paper fibre makeup making it obviously cleaned.

That's my take on it.