• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what woud you do? They paid me and never bothered to....

7 posts in this topic

I know this one's off forum topic but this newbie on ebay bought an item from me, paid for it and provided me with the wrong address. confused.gif I emailed them when the package was returned to me with "no such address" slapped on it. After about 10 to 15 emails, (a few weeks later) they left me a neutral saying " I paid but Im wondering why package has not arrived yet." 893frustrated.gif I tried to get their contact info from ebay but no good. They finally responded to my email saying they were sorry and asked me what to do. I emailed them again 5 times already! The package has been here for about 2 months now and no address or phone to send it to. What would you do and how long is long enough to wait? Do I keep it or resell it? I can t send them payment back with no address or paypal account! confused-smiley-013.gif Some suggestions would be great. By the way, the package value was only about 25$

I would simply resell it. If they ever give you proper contact info just send them back the money (less shipping of course). That is what I would do. I haven't had any experience with that though. I have sold about 100+ things on ebay and everyone hounds me daily where is my item, It gets a little annoying. This person doesn't seem to care so do with it as you please.

I know this one's off forum topic but this newbie on ebay bought an item from me, paid for it and provided me with the wrong address. confused.gif I emailed them when the package was returned to me with "no such address" slapped on it. After about 10 to 15 emails, (a few weeks later) they left me a neutral saying " I paid but Im wondering why package has not arrived yet." 893frustrated.gif I tried to get their contact info from ebay but no good. They finally responded to my email saying they were sorry and asked me what to do. I emailed them again 5 times already! The package has been here for about 2 months now and no address or phone to send it to. What would you do and how long is long enough to wait? Do I keep it or resell it? I can t send them payment back with no address or paypal account! confused-smiley-013.gif Some suggestions would be great. By the way, the package value was only about 25$

do some internet searches on the person's name and address confused-smiley-013.gif see if you can come up with a phone number...

If it was me I would hold onto it for another month or 2 just because he paid for it.Then say if you never hear from him again then relist it and sell it.Only because he has paid for it would I do this.

Davidking623

thanks for all the input everyone. The guy finally emailed me last night not too long after I wrote this post confused-smiley-013.gif. He sent me his correct address through email so i can read it this time but still has not sent me the shipping yet. I might have to wait another month for a response just for the damn 4.50 shipping and its going to come through by money order (another month). I think since he contacted me, I am going to wait for a while and if he sends the shipping. By the way, I didnt even think of doing a search for the name and phone number. KUDOS! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I had a similar experience once. I sold around $200 worth of new software to this guy over the internet. I shipped it out to him and a while later the shipment is returned to me. I sent the guy an email asking him if it was sent to the wrong place or what happened. I get a reply like a month later saying that he was currently out of school and the address he used was at his dormitory. The stuff must of got shipped back because it was sitting there for too long. He never told me where to ship it then. So I fired him off another email and I never heard back from him. I ended up keeping the stuff and his money. What else was I supposed to do? This was back in the day before paypal...

If you tried to contact them over the course of a few months, then its their loss. Its unfortunate but you can only do so much. Here I am trying to get them their product after they didnt have the intelligence to try and resolve the issue with me before leaving me a neutral! 893frustrated.gif I should have just sold it at this point but it was for a little kid and the kid shouldnt have to suffer because the parents are . I'm gonna keep trying anyway and see what happens. confused-smiley-013.gif