• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WARNING: IF you are attending the SD Comic Con!

7 posts in this topic

Naw go to the official comic-con site and....

-Click on the 3rd link "Comic-con International"

-Click on the link "hotels" on the left side of web page

-Scroll down and click on "If you are an attendee, click here to make housing reservations"

-The rest is self explanatory. acclaim.gif Hurry!

Yeah. I know. I booked my room on the third or fourth day they became available. They sold out so fast I had to go with what was about the tenth hotel on my preferred list. The last five shows I stayed at the Hyatt which is where most of the non convention center events take place (movies, Eisners, etc.). This time I had to go with the US Grant about eight blocks away. Looks like attendance will be picking up again. If all the con sponsored hotels are sold out there must still be dozens in the area that are not sponsored by the con. Don't panic, just don't count on the con website to find the hotel. I just booked a hotel for Wondercon on hotels.com where they had dozens of choices. I would suggest that for SD as well. Good luck people, and don't wait too long. -----Sid

I just tried Hotels.com and it looks more expensive. I was quoted a cheaper rate through the comic-con website for the same Hotel for the same nights. I also noticed that the cheaper rates on hotels.com are for hotels that are more than a mile away from the con with most being between 8-15 miles out, which would make me drive to the con and pay for parking on all of the con days. foreheadslap.gif