• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #1 Sketch Cover Thread

255 posts in this topic

Jas2022.jpg

My first Doom sketch. Epting nailed it :cloud9:

Wow! Just see this Doom and I think you should challenge the Best of the Best Doom and maybe got another logo beside your Wolverine ;) Not that I don't like the Segovia but this Doom is really amazing!

If you want I can nominate you :D

Just got this bad boy full cover scan from Stuart!! :headbang: It's on it's way to CGC and believe it or not, Doom and no Wasp. (shrug) Just Reed Richards getting a big time pounding. Thanks Stuart!!!

SayerStuart-DrDoomampReedRichardsRaw.jpg

Love it, one of my favorite Sayger's ever.

Just got this bad boy full cover scan from Stuart!! :headbang: It's on it's way to CGC and believe it or not, Doom and no Wasp. (shrug) Just Reed Richards getting a big time pounding. Thanks Stuart!!!

SayerStuart-DrDoomampReedRichardsRaw.jpg

No Wasp this time but u switched up little guys. I see Yellowjacket right above the T in the word artwork front cover.

U put yourself in the cover this time.

Ha just messing with u

Fantastic cover .... I feel a slight case of Envy

Congrats.

Jas2022.jpg

My first Doom sketch. Epting nailed it :cloud9:

Wow! Just see this Doom and I think you should challenge the Best of the Best Doom and maybe got another logo beside your Wolverine ;) Not that I don't like the Segovia but this Doom is really amazing!

If you want I can nominate you :D

:) thanks, I really can't remember who I nominated the first time but I think it will be hard to beat the Segovia.

I would say that Sayger would be a winner but Hank Pym can't challenge himself lol

So I will leave it up to you Erik if you want to nominate it (thumbs u

The Epting Doom is definitely awesome! I can't remember mad-dogz, but didn't you have a couple you considered in the the original challenge, but not this one? I'll be damaged goods if you beat the Segovia though! :baiting: Seriously, the Doom Best of the Best to me has been one of the best threads here. All the contestant sketches have been monsters, and it's really all about seeing various artists' work and finding out how we comic geeks judge them. I say challenge, and let's keep the Doom thread active! (thumbs u

All the contestant sketches have been monsters, and it's really all about seeing various artists' work and finding out how we comic geeks judge them. I say challenge, and let's keep the Doom thread active! (thumbs u

That's the spirit (thumbs u

So since mad-dog agree, I will nominate his Epting.

And I totally agree about the Stuart Sayger sketch, maybe someone will nominate him also ;) I got a Thanos from him waiting to get back from CGC, so beware Par2ch :grin:

A very late update on the Doom/Richards Sayger sketch cover I posted raw a while back. It came back from CGC a few months ago I think. Thought I'd share the slabbed version. It came back 9.6, which is pretty high grade for Stuart. Like he says, "I'm pretty rough on comic books."

SaygerStuart-DrDoomReedRichardsCGC96FC_zpse1f23ea8.jpg

SaygerStuart-DrDoomReedRichardsCGC96BC_zps5bb5df0e.jpg