• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 28,50, IM 1,55, X-MEN 22,24,32,34, DD 158,168, CM 1, IM/SM 1, TOD 1,10 +++

19 posts in this topic

:news:

Prices lowered on some books.

THESE BOOKS WERE INITIALLY POSTED IN THE MIXED AGES THREAD, BUT I THOUGHT I'D BREAK THEM UP AND PUT THEM IN THEIR RESPECTIVE AGE THREAD. I'LL LEAVE THEM UP FOR A FEW DAYS AND SEE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED :wishluck:

CA/MA Books Thread Found Here for those interested and thinking of combining items for a better s&h rate.

These are under copies or simply books I no longer want. I'm still shopping for an FF#1 so I'd rather have some cash handy for it or other real life needs (gotta hate those "real life needs"...). I'll offer the books here first and see if anything sells. If not, I'll take them elsewhere once this initial post is locked.

Most of the slabs were submitted by yours truly. None of these books have been pressed to my knowledge, unless you consider vertical storage of longboxes in a closet "pressing"... Books are resto-free unless noted to the best of my knowledge.

Prices too aggressive, etc...? Then PM me with an offer.

PAYMENT OPTIONS: Paypal, International Money Order, and Cash (pick-up only)

SHIPPING OPTIONS: I'll ship it any way you want it, as long as you pay for it. I'll post some estimates when I get home.

Here are some s&h estimates based upon items I've shipped in the past (prices most likely will vary due to postal price increase and the current currency exchange rate, but these will be close!!!):

1 Slab to the USA

Small Packet™ - USA Surface: About $14.00 w/$100 coverage

Small Packet™ - USA Air: About $16.00 w/$100 coverage

1 Slab Within Canada

Canada Post Xpresspost - CANADA: About $16.00

1 Raw Book to the USA

Light Packet - USA: About $10.00

There are plenty of other options of course, but this gives you an idea. Overseas will cost more, while fellow Canadians have the best rate.

:takeit: is king, put PMs are welcome (and encouraged!!!).

Thanks for looking!

GRADED BOOKS

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #238 9.4 (WP) $125.00 $115.00(w/tattooz)

DAREDEVIL #168 9.6 (WP) $350.00

IRON MAN #55 8.5 (WP) $200.00

WOLVERINE limited series #1 9.6 (WP) $75.00 $70.00

WOLVERINE limited series #1 9.6 (WP) $75.00 $70.00

X-MEN #22 9.2 (OW/WP) $285.00

X-MEN #24 9.0 (OW/WP) $180.00

X-MEN #134 9.6 (WP) $80.00 $70.00

X-MEN #141 9.8 (WP) $185.00 $175.00

Here is a photo of the box of slabs (the black bar represents a book from the competition that I cannot offer here....). The top quarter of the "stack" are not for sale...

CGCbooks.jpg

My scanner stinks for slabs, but I can take photos if anyone is interested in a book. I will try and take a few and see what I can do (look at my sig line for an idea what comes out... :sorry:)

RAW BOOKS

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #28 VG- $95.00 $85.00

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #50 GD/VG $85.00 $80.00

CAPTAIN MARVEL #1 by MARVEL VF $60.00 $55.00

CAPTAIN MARVEL #1 1966 by M.F. Enterprises (CAPTAIN MARVEL/SHAZAM rip-off.... CARL BURGESS cited as creator)

CHAMPIONS #1 VF/NM or higher $35.00 $30.00

DAREDEVIL #158 NM- $100.00

DC COMICS PRESENTS #1 NM- $30.00 $25.00

FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL #1 GD/VG $100.00 $95.00

IRON MAN #1 FR/GD $70.00 $60.00

IRON MAN AND SUB-MARINER #1 FN+ $65.00

MARVEL TEAM-UP #1 VF- $75.00

TOMB OF DRACULA #1 VG+ $40.00

TOMB OF DRACULA #10 VF $150.00

WONDER WOMAN #116 VG $45.00 $35.00

X-MEN #32 VF+ $100.00 $95.00

X-MEN #34 VF $75.00 $70.00

And more...

IRON MAN #1 FR/GDish (asking price $70.00 $60.00)

Another book I bought from the forums. I was going to keep it, but I realized I don't even like IRON MAN, and it's a fugly copy. The chew/tear on the BC goes through many pages, but doesn't affect the story. An affordable reader.

IM_1_FC.jpg

IM_1_BC.jpg

CHAMPIONS #1 VF/NM(maybe 9.2 or higher, but there is what I believe to be a minor stain on the edge of the Ghost Rider's windshield). (Asking $35.00 $30.00)

VERY nice copy with vibrant colours. This book is from the same OO collection as the slabbed X-MEN #22 and 24 I'm offering.

CH_1_FC.jpg

CH_1_BC.jpg

FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL #1 GD/VG (Asking $100.00 $95.00 because it looks nicer than it's grade IMHO) :sumo:

A nice copy suffering from staple rusting and migration :censored:. The rust is evident around the staples throughout the 1st fifth or so of the book. Almost absent by the back cover. Little piece missing to the left of "Marvel Comics Group" along the spine. Otherwise, this is a very solid copy for the low grade collector.

FF_ANN1_FC.jpg

FF_ANN1_BC.jpg

TOMB OF DRACULA #1 VG+. (Asking $40.00)

Has a little tear/hole to the left of DRACULA's feet above the "...E V..." - goes through the 1st page as well. Some moisture damage (I believe) has left a faint residue stain on the bottom of a few pages, and there is some vertical rolling about 1/2" in from the spine. A little rust around the staples and a thumb print on the FC.

Looks nice at first glance, but plenty of little defects prevent it from grading higher. This was one the last books I bought from Ebay a few months ago. As usual, it was NOT as advertised. Time to sell it and get a better copy. :sumo:

TOD_FC_1.jpg

TOD_BC_1.jpg

TOMB OF DRACULA #10 VF. (Asking $175.00)

I'm not in a hurry to sell this one. I'm glad I have it, but I wouldn't mind selling it but then again I don't feel like buying a nicer copy... :blahblah:

This is another book I bought on Ebay, but about 3 or 4 years ago. I think it makes up for the #1, because this one was severely undergraded as part of a lot of TOD issues. I see 5 or 6 slight grooves/dimples on the cover when angled in the light - most are up around "MARVEL" in the nameplate.

TOD_FC_10.jpg

TOD_BC_10.jpg