• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fluctuating Values posted by john ivic

3 posts in this topic

It All Depends Where You Shop.....

It never ceases to amaze me how one can accquire a certain book for a considerably cheaper price than what the next guy paid. For example, check out the Flash issues just won in the Pedigree Comics auction. Flash 120, CGC 8.5 sold for $206 and 127, 9.0, Western Penn, sold for $252. I've seen the same issues at the same grade go for much higher prices. Also, Flash 202, CGC 9.6, Pacific Coast, went for $100. The same book, same grade, and also a Pacific Coast copy, went for $325 on Comiclink about 18 months ago. Does this mean that the Pedigree Comics auctions are being ignored for the most part? One has to wonder.

See more journals by john ivic

I noticed this as well with the comic connect auctions, at least when it comes to certain comics. However, comics like Incredible Hulk 181, Action Comics 1, etc do sell for about the same but I just purchased 3 comics on there that I've seen sell for about twice as much on eBay.

Sometimes the one person who was willing to pay top dollar for a book is gone. Bought somewhere then it appears it is worth that much but that's not the case. Ofcourse there are different factors that make a book have a high price. A white page book will usually outsell other low page quality books. A action comics 252 sold for 950 then in a different auction for 1700 (both 7.5 books) but the difference was the page quality. It really depends on the book and the people buying as well.