• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Sign. Auction!!!

43 posts in this topic

I am a little confused about Heritage auctions. I placed a bid on Amazing Spider-Man #43 cgc 9.2. The amount I bid was up to $190. When I checked the next day it said the aution was won at $195.50. I received an e-mail today that I won the auction at $170. confused.gif

Can anyone tell me what is going on. Did someone back out of a bid or am I just crazy? insane.gif

Chris

YOUR CRAZY!!!!!!! 893whatthe.gif

Actually, you won the book for $170.00 plus the Buyer's Premium of 15% (or $25.50) for a total of $195.50. Plus you have to pay for shipping.

Congrats on your win. thumbsup2.gif

YOUR CRAZY!!!!!!! 893whatthe.gif

Actually, you won the book for $170.00 plus the Buyer's Premium of 15% (or $25.50) for a total of $195.50. Plus you have to pay for shipping.

Congrats on your win. thumbsup2.gif

Yea,you're right! I'm CRAZY insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

I looked again and you are correct. When I looked at the Heritage site I did'nt realize I had won because being somewhat color blind I could not tell between the red and green. I wish they would change their color scheme. 893frustrated.gif

Thanks

Am I the only one that is suddenly being charged sales tax? I didn't see anything about sales tax anywhere, except that you have to pay 8% if you live in Texas.. which I dont!

Am I the only one that is suddenly being charged sales tax? I didn't see anything about sales tax anywhere, except that you have to pay 8% if you live in Texas.. which I dont!
Do you live in NY state? I believe the residents of the State in which the auction is being held also have to pay sales tax but who knows?

Do you live in NY state? I believe the residents of the State in which the auction is being held also have to pay sales tax but who knows?

Any auction that that takes place in NY has sales tax to people who live in NY.

What did ever one win!

Looks like I won:

Startling Terror Tales #12 CGC 8.5 Bethlehem (highest CGC) - cool L.B. Cole cover

House of Mystery #137 CGC 9.4 (highest CGC)

Spellbound #11 CGC 9.0 Bethlehem (highest CGC)

Spellbound #29 CGC 8.5 Bethlehem (highest CGC)

Spellbound #30 CGC 9.0 Bethlehem (highest CGC)

Chamber of Darkness #1 CGC 9.4 Pacific Coast

Chamber of Darkness #4 CGC 9.4 Pacific Coast

and one junk book........

X-Men #1 CGC 8.0 (no pedigree and not even close to the highest graded copy). grin.gif

Yeah, I only one two junks books myself X-men #9 CGC 9.4 and Marvel

Feature #1 CGC 9.4. grin.gif

Does Heritage mention that anywhere?? Or is that supposed to be common knowledge? I did my bidding on eBay since their website wasn't working for me at the end of the auction on their website, and this isn't mentioned anywhere in the eBay auctions or in their terms and conditions.. Is this just something everyone else knows? I wouldn't have bid that high if I thought I was going to have to pay an additional 8% on top of the 20% buyer premium..

Feature #1 CGC 9.4.

Super nice books. thumbsup2.gif

That X-Men #9 (with the cool Avengers crossover) is hard to come by in CGC 9.4 (but you know that already). And I haven't really been looking for a Marvel Feature #1, but your copy makes me want to add that to my list. devil.gif

How close are you to completing your X-Men run? I know you got a lot in CGC 9.4.

Does Heritage mention that anywhere?? Or is that supposed to be common knowledge? I did my bidding on eBay since their website wasn't working for me at the end of the auction on their website, and this isn't mentioned anywhere in the eBay auctions or in their terms and conditions.. Is this just something everyone else knows? I wouldn't have bid that high if I thought I was going to have to pay an additional 8% on top of the 20% buyer premium..

It's on their website under the auction tab.

I got that same surprise in San Diego last year, since I am a Cali resident I was charged tax. Luckily I was able to get it removed due to a favor.

What did you win?

Timely

Feature #1 CGC 9.4.

Super nice books. thumbsup2.gif

That X-Men #9 (with the cool Avengers crossover) is hard to come by in CGC 9.4 (but you know that already). And I haven't really been looking for a Marvel Feature #1, but your copy makes me want to add that to my list. devil.gif

How close are you to completing your X-Men run? I know you got a lot in CGC 9.4.

I only have 35 issues to go in 9.4 or above. Unfortunately, or fortunately, 22 of those issues are prior to issue 35 and 17 of them are prior to issue 20. I do not know if I will ever be able to complete everything in 9.4, issue 1 is just not in my budget. I might be able to swing issue 2 but the $50K for issue 1 is just out of sight. I might have to settle for my 8.0 until I hit lotto or something. I sometimes look at myself and wonder what I am doing. I have the whole run many times over, do I really need a X-men 14 in CGC 9.4 for $2K when I have a beautiful raw 9.2 that I bought 5 years ago for $200? I wonder how much a difference there is between serious collecting and serious neurosis. confused-smiley-013.gif

I wonder how much a difference there is between serious collecting and serious neurosis.

I feel your pain.

Probably would make sense for you to have you Silver-Age raw copies graded. For all you know you might get a CGC 9.4.

Also, remember to buy the book, not the label. OK, so it says CGC 9.4. But if you have a CGC 9.0 or 9.2 that you're happy with, why bother. Obviously, if there is something on the 9.0 or 9.2 that you don't like, it makes sense to upgrade. But just because it says it's a 9.4, doesn't mean it has to be a nicer copy (it could have worse eye appeal or have defects that CGC doesn't downgrade for but you might).

Happy hunting.

As a side note, I just paid my Heritage Invoice (kinda hurt).

I got that same surprise in San Diego last year, since I am a Cali resident I was charged tax. Luckily I was able to get it removed due to a favor.

What did you win?

Timely

Hmm, that gives me 48 hours to come up with some reason why Heritage would owe me a favor.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif They did once sell me a comic that they forgot to mention was missing 4 pages... but nothing major enough to give me this much of a credit..

I ended up winning alot more than I thought I would.. (I watched the auction live on eBay and couldn't stop myself from clicking that bid button.. lol) At the end of website bidding I was hardly winning anything (2 books I think).. but by the end of the live auction I had won quite a bit.

I didn't win any of the books I had originally wanted... that Ashcan doubled in price during the floor bidding.. I was on the phone and there were two people on the floor bidding on that book like crazy and bumped up the high bid $20,000 during the live auction..

I ended up winning some various GA pedigree comics though.. I won some Rockfords, Crowleys, White Mountains, Mile Highs etc.. but not from any major titles..just the inexpensive ones. I thought it would be fun to compare some of the different pedigrees in person. The only really nice book I won was the mile high More Fun 18.

Of the pedigrees I've seen so far Mile Highs are always the nicest.. its amazing how glossy most of them are. Rockfords are pretty nice too though, I don't know why they don't get more respect. I'm not extremely impressed with Larson copies though.. they always seem so grungy compared to the others. I haven't seen any other pedigrees in person yet.

You got an excellent deal on the More Fun #18. After looking at it I just realized it may be the first Racist Cover in comics! White pages and from 1937...nice.

I almost bought the Action Comics #15 CGC 6.0 post auction. The book looks killer but it has tape on the inside spine. After looking at the scan it appears the tape may have been "sealing" a 3 inch spine spliton the top, so removing the tape wound not be an option.

Timely

Some other really sweet Ped's are the Northland's and Boston's. For modern books that Cleveland ped just doesn't get enough respect.

Are there any early Silver keys in the Cleveland collection? The mid-to-late-Silver books I've seen and bought definitely seem worthy of pedigree status, but if there aren't any major books in the collection, I'm not sure it deserves the designation.

While I am definitely fond of pedigree books, so far I compiled a list of about 35 different pedigree's that CGC notes on the label (I'm sure I'm missing some).

That's starting to sound like a lot to me. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif