• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Haspel is Taking a Leave of Absence

140 posts in this topic

Leaving for personal reasons I understand and hope all is well for him. Leaving so he can sell his collection...that's an interesting addition to the story.

very

Very, very. After reflecting on this, I don't think it's unusual that the reason for the absence and the desire to sell books would be completely separate but related things. Could be Mark needs the money for something. Either way, it's not really my business. Sorry for the implication.

Leaving for personal reasons I understand and hope all is well for him. Leaving so he can sell his collection...that's an interesting addition to the story.

Yes, but still personal.

Steve Borock is coming back for personality reasons.

Doug Schmell was considered but failed on the background check.

Transplant was considered but is too good looking for the job.

Jim (CGCworld) was also considered but failed the dress code.

If you had been as intimately involved in the comic business as Haspel was, presumably amassing some really nice books, would you continue grading books for whatever CGC pays you, or would you get out, sell some high grade keys for insane money and get some of that crazy investor scrilla? Especially knowing that you can come back when you want to?

Me, I'd get some of that mad Bob Storms paper and have them change bunga bunga parties to fingh fingh parties.

If you have any stained or sun/dust shadow books I would resend them in now for re-grading. :whistle:

Good luck Mark come back soon.

Maybe he left the Haspel Hammer in the grading room.