• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eerie/Creepy question

6 posts in this topic

( I originally posted this in the Water Cooler and was ever so kindly directed over here)

First of all - hello everyone. I was introduced to the boards by a co-worker awhile back and this is the first time I've actually posted anything.

That being said - does anyone remember a story in either Eerie or Creepy ( I think - it was a b&w horror mag for sure) where a young boy carries around a box of tin soldiers all the time? The story centered around him taking the trash out to this big dark, spooky garage where the soldiers helped defend him from monsters. I can't remember where I saw it. Sound familiar to anyone?

thanks

I'm meaning to answer this but I have to pull out the digital archive and I'm slightly suspicious this is a story from House of Mystery.

For some reason, I'm thinking it might be from Unknown Worlds Of Science Fiction, but I can't quite put my finger on it. hm

I'm meaning to answer this but I have to pull out the digital archive and I'm slightly suspicious this is a story from House of Mystery.

For some reason, I'm thinking it might be from Unknown Worlds Of Science Fiction, but I can't quite put my finger on it. hm

Thanks for the help thus far. I remeber a bit more of the story - at some point the boy's mother is attacked by the monster and the boy gives the box of soldiers to his father to help him "imagine" her as normal. I would have come across the story in the mid 70s (maybe '75?) and I seem to remeber it as a b&w magazine. 'Course you know how reliable memories are... :eyeroll: