• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Little Help? Amazing Fantasy 15

28 posts in this topic

I have it at the same, 5.5. Looks pretty good considering it was stored in a giant pile of other comics piled into a bookcase for who knows how many years.

You have some wonderful books Dave. I would go 5.5 with the others. Love

the fact that it doesn't have Marvel chipping.

Can you tell us more about the origin of this collection?

To make a long story short, a long-time friend referred me to help her aunt assess, organize, grade and ultimately sell her late father's comic collection. All the books you see were literally stored in stacks on bookshelves and in cabinets for years. Advantage: they were always in a climate controlled environment in the house and not stored in an uninsulated attic or basement.

To make that same story slightly longer, most every book I toss up for opinions will be for sale at some point and the proceeds divided amongst the surviving sisters. The purpose of the grading gallery will be to weigh the cost benefit ratio of having particular books graded or selling them raw.

I'm hoping to offer the big boys here on the boards first because I'd rather they go to comic people with a genuine appreciation for the medium, and we can sell them for below FMV or GPA because of no seller fees to account for. Anything that doesn't move here will be sacrificed to the eBay Gods to help settle the estate.

dg

I have it at the same, 5.5. Looks pretty good considering it was stored in a giant pile of other comics piled into a bookcase for who knows how many years.

To make a long story short, a long-time friend referred me to help her aunt assess, organize, grade and ultimately sell her late father's comic collection. All the books you see were literally stored in stacks on bookshelves and in cabinets for years. Advantage: they were always in a climate controlled environment in the house and not stored in an uninsulated attic or basement.

To make that same story slightly longer, most every book I toss up for opinions will be for sale at some point and the proceeds divided amongst the surviving sisters. The purpose of the grading gallery will be to weigh the cost benefit ratio of having particular books graded or selling them raw.

I'm hoping to offer the big boys here on the boards first because I'd rather they go to comic people with a genuine appreciation for the medium, and we can sell them for below FMV or GPA because of no seller fees to account for. Anything that doesn't move here will be sacrificed to the eBay Gods to help settle the estate.

dg

dg,

That's a wonderful service you are providing to them, and a model approach. :applause:Good luck with all of the work. :wishluck:

-David

It's currently in the mail, but when we open that box it will be a 6.5 courtesy of a pre-sub press as advised by the prestigious grading panel. Thanks very much to all who weighed in and keep tuned into the selling forum.

dg

Thanks for the interesting reply, I missed it earlier.

Congrats on the 6.5.

It's currently in the mail, but when we open that box it will be a 6.5 courtesy of a pre-sub press as advised by the prestigious grading panel. Thanks very much to all who weighed in and keep tuned into the selling forum.

I'm thinking 5.5 after a little press borderline 6.0

So I understimated the power of the press...congrats on making money for the family. Nice book.