• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do you collect comics ?

70 posts in this topic

Anything that tells me that there was a world that existed before I was born fascinates me. I can spend my whole day looking at old photographs of people (thank goodness for shorpy.com ) thinking what kind of life that person had, how long they lived, what hardships they had to overcome, etc...I have a few old magazines, tv guides, and record albums from the forties but Comics are just on the top of my list for some reason. Probably because I liked them so much as a kid.

Anything that tells me that there was a world that existed before I was born fascinates me. I can spend my whole day looking at old photographs of people (thank goodness for shorpy.com ) thinking what kind of life that person had, how long they lived, what hardships they had to overcome, etc...I have a few old magazines, tv guides, and record albums from the forties but Comics are just on the top of my list for some reason. Probably because I liked them so much as a kid.

I just bought some lovely picture books of portraits from the 20's and 40's it is very cool to look at them and wonder how things were..

Sometimes when you get older, the drive of life becomes more and more intense. You become more and more concerned with the "now" and become disconnected from your past.

Comic books are links to a simpler time.

well said

I collect to give me something to do. It's how I vent, let off steam, or just relax. Surfing the sites to see what is out there is a lot of fun for me. It's not so much the collecting, but the hunting that is a hoot for me.

Of course, I've been hunting more and buying less lately.