• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good comic weekend! Heritage and the NY show!

5 posts in this topic

So it's been a pretty good comic weekend for me here! On Friday night I went to Heritage with Delekkerste. Last year it was at the Warwick which is literally 2 blocks from my office but this year it was at the Randolph - closer to my apartment but further away from work. The warwick was a better space - the "gallery" was in the room leading into the auction and this year the two were adjacent. Not that big a deal except that the room last year was HUGE and this year it was quite small and Gene and I actually ended up sitting outside the main room peeking our head in for the "big" items. In this case I saw the Frazetta piece that graced the cover of the catalog not meet reserve. Kind of a let down - big sales are always fun to watch.

I did get to see the Batman 1 6.5 and the Batman 5 cgc 9.6 double cover. That was pretty cool!! I wanted to see the Batman 23 cgc 9.6 but went brain dead and didn't take a look frown.gif

This morning I went over to the big apple - it was pretty cool. The new location is really a great step for the BIg Apple show. There was actually a line (albeit a short one) leading up to the con and once inside there was some very regular foot traffic. I got to see Joe Simon, Carmine Infantino and talked to Buzz and Bair a lot. I was talking to Buzz about a new piece and talking to him got me pumped so when that comes in it'll be in the OAA thread. I picked up the Carmine Infantion book and the Danny Figeroth book "Superman on the couch". that was cool.

I didn't really dig through boxes looking for anything. Right now I really want a Batman 48 in cgc 8.0. I figured if anything Heritage would have one so I am keeping my eyes open.

Socially also a very fun con - I spend some time talking to Harshen and Scott and met Redhook for lunch.

Great time! Next big one should be philly - really looking forward to that!

DAM