• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's it Worth? Captain Marvel Jr. #1 Extensive Resto.

8 posts in this topic

Captain Marvel Jr. #1 CGC 8.0 Extensive Resto. (P) color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cleaned, reinforced. Sticker Price was $1500 they had 50% off so $750. I think guide is well over 4k in 8.0.

Passed on this deal today at Planet Comic-con mainly because I don't buy restored books, and I never know what the value on restored books is going to be if I decide to sell. It has extensive resto, so I don't know how much more that takes away from the value of the book. It is gorgeous, and I know a much lower grade one sold on Heritage for about the same price (it was restored too). Here it is:

CapJr1.jpg

Anyways, does anyone know if there is GPA data for this book or the history behind this book? I hope I won't end up regretting this decision - I could probably still buy the book if I contacted the seller, or if someone else is interested I will pass the info. along. Thanks for the help!

Normally I would shy away from Extensive Restoration (I don't own any such books), but that's one I might consider... it seemingly presents well (would need a better look), and the pages are naturally (not lightened, which I hate) nice.

Anyways, does anyone know if there is GPA data for this book or the history behind this book? I hope I won't end up regretting this decision - I could probably still buy the book if I contacted the seller, or if someone else is interested I will pass the info. along. Thanks for the help!

There is no data on GPA for this particular book. SP 6.0 was $717 and that was the highest restored listed.