• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oooooh Greg, Sully STRIKES AGAIN!

53 posts in this topic

don't worry greggy, i wouldn't dare mess with your bids.

i only bid on books i want to buy, if i win fine, if i don't then i've saved some money.

certainly don't go around bumping up others just to see them spend more money, that kind of tactic is low and IMHO wrong.

if you have taken my comments now and in the past (all meant in jest) the wrong way, then i apologise.

don't want to see any more bad blood around here, there is enough of that already frown.gif

certainly don't go around bumping up others just to see them spend more money, that kind of tactic is low and IMHO wrong.

Is this Machiavellian? Actually it is rather cuthroat and effective. Let's say Geggy and I really want a Wonder Woman blowup toy and it was the only one with vibrating goodies and silicone implants (a DF variant! loltongue.gif ) I see greggy is bidding up at the same time, an MTU # 2 CGC 9.6 that I know he's NEEDING for his collection and he has told me so.

I could care less about the MTU 2 and REALLY want the rare limited Wonder Woman doll...so I go on over to the MTU and bid it up so that Greggy's hurting if he wins and can't afford to get the ww doll as well...Wonder Woman is all mine baby!

Just IMO, an example of how bumping up others can work for your self benefit!

Darth, you read my like an open book. Like you said, I have bid up stuff that I don't want so I make the bidder have to decide what he or she really wants. The book that I want or the other junk. On a side note, here's a Wonder Woman blow-up stand-up. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33825&item=2150468566&rd=1