• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: HG BA Hulks, DC Horror, Magnus #1 (Gold Key), + more

53 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four 16 CGC 8.0 OW Dr. Doom cover/app $450.00

Sharp book, for whatever reason, many copies of this book suffer from a small spine split at the bottom of the cover, and this copy is no different.

ff16.jpg

This is probably my favorite FF cover. I know I will catch flak. But I LOVE this cover.

Sharp book, for whatever reason, many copies of this book suffer from a small spine split at the bottom of the cover, and this copy is no different.

ff16.jpg

This is probably my favorite FF cover. I know I will catch flak. But I LOVE this cover.

Flak? What is very effective in almost all the Dr. Doom vs. the FF covers is the size disparity between the villain and the heroes. Think of #5, #16, #39, #57, #86, Annual #2. Kirby was practically addicted to this kind of cover presentation. And it was effective. (See also #49 with Galactus . . .)

Sweet books!

Fantastic Four 23 CGC 6.0 OW Dr. Doom cover/app $85.00

Killer looking front cover, but long crease on the back cover drops the grade.

:takeit:

:applause:

Beautiful books Mr Banner. Any immaculate Hulks coming up at the prices for a .5 X-Force #1 :)

Thanks! Yes, and no. A few nice Hulks tonight, more to follow on the morrow.

Incredible Hulk 162 CGC 9.6 OW/W 1st App Wendigo $290.00

hulk162.jpg

ff16.jpg

I think it's the only time Marvel stole DC's pink cover scheme. Of course you love it.

:baiting:

Fantastic Four 23 CGC 6.0 OW Dr. Doom cover/app $85.00

Killer looking front cover, but long crease on the back cover drops the grade.

:takeit:

I'm glad that temptation is gone. Now somebody buy the 16!