• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Box Diving

31 posts in this topic

AND make sure you know the difference between a first and second print, which you can distinguish without opening the cover... second prints have a "red" eye... There are only second prints for issues #1, 2 and 3.

Redeye.jpg

Sorry if this is off topic, but I have the full 1st series and issues 1-3-4-5 have a spine stress exactly like the one in the picture. Structurally those are NM+, but with the single spine stress, how would you grade them? 9.6 maybe?

AND make sure you know the difference between a first and second print, which you can distinguish without opening the cover... second prints have a "red" eye... There are only second prints for issues #1, 2 and 3.

Redeye.jpg

Sorry if this is off topic, but I have the full 1st series and issues 1-3-4-5 have a spine stress exactly like the one in the picture. Structurally those are NM+, but with the single spine stress, how would you grade them? 9.6 maybe?

I'm not sure if CGC uses the same criteria, but this is how I look at spine stress. Assuming everything else about the book is perfect, if there is a small crease on the spine that doesn't break color, I would grade at 9.6. If it does break color, 9.4.

:hi: Heath!

Anything to report yet?

The books only go back 10 years? Any copper age stuff in there?

3022730238_a559f4f861.jpg

If you see this book simply take a blank check up to the counter hand it over and tell them to write down whatever figure they want and you will gladly pay it.

Also be on the look out for any Warrior comics :P

Nothing yet Levi...life got in the way, and headed back to the LCS on Friday. :wishluck: Needless to say, I already went looking for Chuck Norris books...but no luck. As we all know though, Chuck does not just hang around in bargain bins...probably kicked the owner in the face for screwing up the store to begin with and then left for a beer hm

I will, however, check on Warrior comics (thumbs u How did I forget that little gemstone of steaming turd :doh:

And yes, some copper...got a few GI Joe books...not too much of that laying around though :(