• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series with multiple artists

18 posts in this topic

How do you get comics graded to be SS if you have multiple artists that you want to sign it? I have a comic that I wanted to get signed at two different events but I want to get it SS graded..

This is the wrong forum. Right now there are two ways. (1) Get it signed and have it held at CGC for the second signing. There is a fee for holding and there is a time limit. Then it gets slabbed with both signatures. (2) Get it signed and slabbed for the 1st sig. Crack it and get it signed and slabbed for the second sig. Not as good an option as (1) but it is your only choice if the wait between sigs is too long.

So where is the right forum then? And what is the artist and CGC don't attend the right event?

This is correct forum but I would also try the Ask CGC forum

So where is the right forum then? And what is the artist and CGC don't attend the right event?

I don't know what you are trying to ask. You are in the right forum now; the thread got moved. Good luck.

I'm assuming you mean what if the artist and CGC don't attend the same event, right?

Most of the time someone here is taking submissions for any major show and even a few minor ones. Watch the "Where are they in 2011?" thread for your favorites creators. Some of the shows have CAWs that can help you out with getting your books done.

Welcome to the yellow label addiction!

This is correct forum but I would also try the Ask CGC forum

In theory, the best place would be the "CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread" in the Signature Room, but it's been a while since anyone from CGC has responded to a question in that thread.

yes, this does answer what I was asking.. Maybe CGC can answer the question as to how to get a book on the Signature Series if one of the artists does not attend comic cons and other such events any more..

You would need to have a faciliator set up a private or mail in signing. This is what I have done with artists such as Mike Zeck and Al Milgrom who both do not attend cons. (or in Als case, doesnt attend many cons much anymore)

I think a quicker way to answer your question would be to have you tell us what signatures you're trying to get and the logistics can start to be nailed down from there.

^ I highly recomend DWC (Desert Wind Comics)

They currently are managing almost 100 books of mine, many that are being signed by multi artists at multi shows over the course of Jan to April! They really provide a great service for the Yellow Label community.

The way I do it is make a summary of the key artists you want signatures from over the course of the various shows in a certain time period (that other thread "Where are they in 2011" is great for this). Then cross reference this listing with the books you are looking to get signed and make up a matrix. From that you can go to DWC website to find fee info and advance calculate costing and evaluate which are priority to get done (let face it we would do the ALL if we could afford it lol).

Alternatively, you can so something similar but reverse it by choosing the books first then researching the various artists that helped create them... then find out which shows those artists will be at... then matrix etc... Again that other thread is very useful.

I hope this helps

Trying to get Steve bissette and Stan Sakai...

Steve Bissette hasn't done shows in a while but Rich Henn coordinated a private signing with him and hinted at the possibility of a future signing. Your best bet as it stands now would be to get your book signed by Bissette and have it slabbed. Once slabbed, wait for Sakai to make an appearance that CGC is set up at or a CAW is taking submissions and send it in.

Sakai's appearance schedule is a bit erratic. In the past, he's done Baltimore, SDCC, Motor City, and he'll be in Boston coming up.

Hayden,

Sounds like a good idea.. I will have to come up with something when I have more time and spare $$$. What kind of ink do they use? Sharpie? Archive grade? Can anyone else attest to their work?

^ I highly recomend DWC (Desert Wind Comics)

They currently are managing almost 100 books of mine, many that are being signed by multi artists at multi shows over the course of Jan to April! They really provide a great service for the Yellow Label community.

The way I do it is make a summary of the key artists you want signatures from over the course of the various shows in a certain time period (that other thread "Where are they in 2011" is great for this). Then cross reference this listing with the books you are looking to get signed and make up a matrix. From that you can go to DWC website to find fee info and advance calculate costing and evaluate which are priority to get done (let face it we would do the ALL if we could afford it lol).

Alternatively, you can so something similar but reverse it by choosing the books first then researching the various artists that helped create them... then find out which shows those artists will be at... then matrix etc... Again that other thread is very useful.

I hope this helps