• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for British War comic painted covers...

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

While I've been pretty single minded about buying mostly DC, Atlas and Charlton war comics, I have been known to flirt a little with British war comics like 'Commando' and 'War Picture Library'.

I recently lucked into this sweet painted cover off of ebay. Stole it, actually (99£ + shipping) and the seller hadn't credited the artist - Allesandro Biffignandi, one of the Europe's finest pulp and comic artists.

Anyway - looking to find more of these. I've been digging around online, but I'm thinking there are likely dealers in the UK who specialize heavily in these.

If anyone has any leads, I would REALLY appreciate it. Here's the pic from ebay (not great quality). The art arrived yesterday, and it really is killer.

Painted covers for less than $200.... :cloud9:

Thanks in advance for the help,

Shep

CFZ00jQBmkKGrHqUOKiME0ovYhhBNUlKHKhw0_12JPG.jpg

Thanks Terry - I'll look those guys up!

Shep

Your're welcome, Shep.

When I paid their warehouse a private visit, I managed to locate a number of originals high on my wants list of nostalgic favorites.

Phil Clarke, my guide, even managed to locate some further artworks for me several weeks later (see the STEEL CLAW and KELLY'S EYE galleries in my CAF)..