• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone use mail order service for comics?

5 posts in this topic

Since you aked, I used to own At Your Service Subscriptions, a monthly pre-order service. I sold it a few years ago to Keith Colvin, who runs it today along with his two retail stores. I believe the url is At Your Service Subscriptions .

As a side note, Keith happens to own the store whose manager was arrested for selling adult material (to an adult, mind you) and which case the CBLDF has been helping, unsuccessfully, so far.

It's not a "subscription" service in the normal sense... you place monthly orders from Diamond's Previews magazine.

Steve

thanks for the info. Out of curiosity why did you get out of it. I keep reading people complaining about bad comic shops and bad customer service from mail subscription services and even though of starting one. I dont know if I want to operate a brick and mortar store again (I ran a shop in the late 80's) Any hints or ideas would be appreciated!