• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEEN BUSY. UNEARTHED A NEW COLLECTION

156 posts in this topic

wow, nice group of books, I would love to find a collection like this.

I always get people calling me with their NM old comic books that are still in their plastic covers :blahblah:.

Generally from 1988...... meh

Actually Dale this stuff is mostly low grade, and I'm sure you've found plenty of stuff like this and much better. I'd like to find some of those Jumbo's you had on here awhile ago. :headbang:

DR.X

I always get people calling me with their NM old comic books that are still in their plastic covers :blahblah:.

Actually Dale this stuff is mostly low grade, and I'm sure you've found plenty of stuff like this and much better. I'd like to find some of those Jumbo's you had on here awhile ago. :headbang:

DR.X

I love low grade GA

I was looking through the stack of Underground books and this copy of Fox #1. This letter was inside. Why can't a A.F. #15 fall out of one these books. I keep finding all kinds of interesting stuff stuck in these books.

DR.X

talesofthefox1001.jpg

letterinsideofthefoxbook001.jpg

Does the comic book reference The Fox from Elgin Illinois? The Fox is a local legend in these parts (actually wrote a book after he retired) who fought polluters of the Fox River. He would sneak into the corporate headquarters of big polluters and drop sludge in the CEOs office and the boardroom. He never got caught.

If this book is about him, I'd like to buy it. Please PM me.

Thanks!

Gary

PS: I love the letter! I've found dollar bills, homework, roaches (marijuana - not bugs) and love letters in comics, but never a letter like this!

DR.X

I love low grade GA

(thumbs u

Where's Scrooge? There's no date on the inside cover of this one. It says " Kerry Drake No.3 Published by Compix, Inc. That does not match with what Overstreet lists as the publishing company. (shrug) It has the heavy cardstock covers.

DR.X

kerrydrake001.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a Magazine Enterprise issue. I thought it would be listed as part of the A-1 series but my guess it's a '40's reprint from them and obviously not one published by Harvey ... but I haven't found a match yet. hm

Those Golden Funnies are neat. I used to have them. Any old issues of The Buyers Guide to comic fandom ?? :wishluck: