• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My last eBay straw.

27 posts in this topic

Since 'planty's thread got axed, and this is much, much too good to waste, here it is:

(Yeah, Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ark)

Oo-ooh-ooh, hoo yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah

Yeah-ah-ah

Yeah-ah-ah

Yeah-ah-ah

Yeah-ah-ah

Yeah, yeah, yeah

You know you wanted to nickname him "Tranny."

Ok, so I'm on eBay last night. There's an auction that I'm about to snipe that is going to end up being about $15-$20 with shipping. When I log into My eBay, amazingly enough there is an eBay offer to sell a $15 eBay gift card for $7.

I'm thinking, I know eBay sends me these deals from time to time, and I've heard people talk about them saving money with them before. I check and I'm on eBay, and the offer is on the eBay page. I click on it to get the details and it's simply a $15 card for $7 offer through eBay.

I proceed to checkout and it wants my CC# and info. It's still an eBay page. So I'm looking for the link to pay for it through Paypal, but it's nowhere to be found. It also wants my email and password. I know I'm still on an eBay page so I go ahead and put all the info in so I can get the gift card.

After I click the submit button, I'm sent to a place called "Groupon" and it's a spamapalooza. It says "Your order has been processed." and puts me in the middle of their website.

I know nothing about "Groupon" and if I'd known in any way that this was a third party thing, I would have never done it. I thought it was an offer through eBay.

I'm so mad at eBay right now I can't stand it. rantrant:censored:

:preach:

In my day we didn't have fancy computers and "groupons." We had to hew our homes out of solid granite and catch jackrabbits with our bare hands just so we could eat.

Thanks for the luddite update, papaw. Maybe mix in a news report once in a while instead of 100% pr0n. You'll learn about things like "Groupon" and the world won't seem so scary.

In my day "Groupon" was illegal in 46 states. hm

I your day, there WERE only 46 states.

Ok, so I'm on eBay last night. There's an auction that I'm about to snipe that is going to end up being about $15-$20 with shipping. When I log into My eBay, amazingly enough there is an eBay offer to sell a $15 eBay gift card for $7.

I'm thinking, I know eBay sends me these deals from time to time, and I've heard people talk about them saving money with them before. I check and I'm on eBay, and the offer is on the eBay page. I click on it to get the details and it's simply a $15 card for $7 offer through eBay.

I proceed to checkout and it wants my CC# and info. It's still an eBay page. So I'm looking for the link to pay for it through Paypal, but it's nowhere to be found. It also wants my email and password. I know I'm still on an eBay page so I go ahead and put all the info in so I can get the gift card.

After I click the submit button, I'm sent to a place called "Groupon" and it's a spamapalooza. It says "Your order has been processed." and puts me in the middle of their website.

I know nothing about "Groupon" and if I'd known in any way that this was a third party thing, I would have never done it. I thought it was an offer through eBay.

In my day we didn't have fancy computers and "groupons." We had to hew our homes out of solid granite and catch jackrabbits with our bare hands just so we could eat.

Thanks for the luddite update, papaw. Maybe mix in a news report once in a while instead of 100% pr0n. You'll learn about things like "Groupon" and the world won't seem so scary.

Awwww...typos always ruin the BEST jokes....

:(

Since 'planty's thread got axed, and this is much, much too good to waste, here it is:

(Yeah, Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ark)

Oo-ooh-ooh, hoo yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah

Yeah-ah-ah

Yeah-ah-ah

Yeah-ah-ah

Yeah-ah-ah

Yeah, yeah, yeah

You know you wanted to nickname him "Tranny."

Already did.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=4113374&Searchpage=1&Main=195915&Words=tranny+RockMyAmadeus&topic=0&Search=true#Post4113374

doh!

Awwww...typos always ruin the BEST jokes....

:(

There's no typo.