• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Worlds most expensive items.

63 posts in this topic

The thing that surprised me most from the list is that the most expensive book was an Audobon book, and only $11 million. I would`ve assumed it would be some Gutenberg bible or similar medieval book.

All of these prices are based on sales at auction and other public venues, or known private sales like Geffen's art. The Gutenberg bible is worth multiples of the Audubon book, but none have been sold in its complete form for decades. Similarly, the $1.5M Action #1 is obviously worth less than the MH Action #1 and there are dozens of paintings which, if sold, would fetch more than that Pollock. There are also a number of vintage cars that would sell for more than a Veyron or even the solid gold/bejeweled model.

Agreed 100 percent! a prime example of what would fetch for more than that Pollock is the Mona Lisa.

image_64477_v2_m56577569830685176.jpg

it's insured for over $700 million. I've been to paris and seen the painting. it truly has stood the tests of time.

I'd have made an offer for it... but no way, since it's been restored. (This photo has cropped off the PLOD at top of the painting).'

:signfunny:

The thing that surprised me most from the list is that the most expensive book was an Audobon book, and only $11 million. I would`ve assumed it would be some Gutenberg bible or similar medieval book.

All of these prices are based on sales at auction and other public venues, or known private sales like Geffen's art. The Gutenberg bible is worth multiples of the Audubon book, but none have been sold in its complete form for decades. Similarly, the $1.5M Action #1 is obviously worth less than the MH Action #1 and there are dozens of paintings which, if sold, would fetch more than that Pollock. There are also a number of vintage cars that would sell for more than a Veyron or even the solid gold/bejeweled model.

Agreed 100 percent! a prime example of what would fetch for more than that Pollock is the Mona Lisa.

it's insured for over $700 million. I've been to paris and seen the painting. it truly has stood the tests of time.

I'd have made an offer for it... but no way, since it's been restored. (This photo has cropped off the PLOD at top of the painting).'

Not to mention that the whole thing has been color touched.

If I'm going to pay $1-2 Billion for a house,it better have the following:

(1) The house has to be made out of gold

(2) A time machine

(3) A robot monkey butler

(4) A teleporter

(5) A room to put all the comic books in the world for me to display

(6) A garage to put over 2,000 sports car in the world

(7) An IMAX movie screen with the concession stand

(8) A Baseball,Basketball,and Football court

(9) A race track

Then I'll pay $1-2 Billion for a house :sumo:

well its 27 stories guys. Basically an apartment block lived in by a single person. Its not even about having a big house at that point, its about feeling like something else is big 2c

well its 27 stories guys. Basically an apartment block lived in by a single person.

It`s India, so it means a single person and his family and his extended family, which can mean a whole lot of people.

Personally, I think it`s a pretty good idea. Build a grandiose mansion and all you have at the end of the day is a grandiose mansion and all you can eventually sell it to is someone else who wants and can afford a grandiose mansion. Build a 27-story building, and it has real commercial value. If you get bored of it, you can convert it into a hotel, apartment building or office building, or sell it to the many potential buyers out there who would buy a building that can be used for such commercial purposes.

I know a few years ago that there was a big controversy about some Leonardo and other Renaissance art being restored,so yeah this restored controversy goes beyond the comic book community and happens in other fields as well.

I know a few years ago that there was a big controversy about some Leonardo and other Renaissance art being restored,so yeah this restored controversy goes beyond the comic book community as well.

some think that the original isn't even hanging on the wall.

I know a few years ago that there was a big controversy about some Leonardo and other Renaissance art being restored,so yeah this restored controversy goes beyond the comic book community and happens in other fields as well.

The paintings been through a lot (stolen, objects thrown at it) over time. It's in quite remarkable condition for its age and fame.