• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New 4-minute trailer for Green Lantern movie

75 posts in this topic

I agree much better than the first trailer, but I still cant/have a tough time getting past Van Wilder or the cheap CGI of the plane sequence from the first one. Its like watching Independence Day. Hopefully they makes some revisions :wishluck:

how cool is it to watch high qquality images fo the stories we have been reading all our lives? way cool.

I wonder how a story like this plays with people who dont already knoe GLs origin story? An alien crash lands and says the ring chose you! Sometimes I think it would be fun to approach these movies WITHOUT 40 years of comics stories in my head.

Now that is much better. My guess is that the first trailer bit due to polishing of the CGI. Looks like this will be a good summer for us geeks - GL, Cap, Thor, Transformers, and the X-Men renewal project.

Certainly looks like an amazing movie...the music and the serious tone make it seem like a better film than the wacky previews we saw earlier.

Still, just a little too much CGI for my liking. I think it's maybe the quality of the CGI that I have trouble getting past.

Hopefully, I can get past that in the theatres.

Now I'll go see this movie. Looks like a totally different entity than the other trailer which I was only too happy to pass on.

I don't think it looks better than Cap or Thor though.

Cap is just a 2 hour trailer for the Avengers movie

Oh gosh, he's been frozen in ice at the end

It really makes sense. Open up with the trailer that shows Ryan Reynolds without a shirt on, focus on the funny parts, try to pique interest in the female moviegoer. Then later on produce a fanboy-approved preview and unleash it right at the beginning of con season. Pretty savvy. Maybe Warner Bros. is catching on!

It really makes sense. Open up with the trailer that shows Ryan Reynolds without a shirt on, focus on the funny parts, try to pique interest in the female moviegoer. Then later on produce a fanboy-approved preview and unleash it right at the beginning of con season. Pretty savvy. Maybe Warner Bros. is catching on!

I thought along the same lines. It's simple psychology to lower people's expectations and then blow them away. Works every time.

Especially on the singles scene.

lol

Looks like they'll need to hand out some lanterns with admission just to see this movie. The way the trailer is overshot in darkness, it looks like the oath is the only time we see or hear the use of light.