• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New 4-minute trailer for Green Lantern movie

75 posts in this topic

I knew about the train lantern hmmm well ..

nice green font Sky..getting in the mood for the movie!

:)

I have still not gone to bed..

Where is the Sandman when you need him!!!

*yawns* I watched 3 cruddy movies and still did not fall asleep..

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Starheart

Three and a half billion years ago a humanoid race from the world of Maltus sought to bring order to the stars. An offshoot of the race became known as the Guardians of the Universe. They sought to remove magic from the universe, and laid siege to the necromantic forces of the cosmos. The war was costly on both sides. The last to fall was the powerful Empire of Tears, finally subdued by the Guardians on the tombworld of Ysmault.

After the wars, the stray mystical energies were gathered and bound in an orb called the Starheart. This collective force was hidden in the heart of a star and grew in power and eventually gained self-awareness as the Green Flame of Life. Though the Guardians were powerful, the force of magic was something that could not be contained forever. In preparation for this day, the Starheart willed a small portion of itself to travel through the universe to fulfill its destiny. As it traveled through space, the piece of the Starheart gathered debris over the centuries until in resembled a meteor.

Two thousand years ago, the Starheart fragment had found its way to Earth and, after fusing with the evil spirit of Yalan Gur, crashed as a meteor in China. A man named Chang eventually shaped the meteor into a lantern. Centuries later an insane lampmaker named Billings reshaped it into a train lantern. In 1940, this lamp was found by Alan Scott who used is incredible incomprehensible power to become the first Green Lantern on Earth in centuries

I was very disappointed with the first one...Hal Jordan was my first love and he is special...

MUCH happier with this version... :applause:

Your reaction is exactly what is needed for this movie to be a hit. The male comic fans will go. However, to achieve major success at the box office, the girlfriends, wives, significant others must enjoy the movie also.

I enjoyed this trailer also.

I was very disappointed with the first one...Hal Jordan was my first love and he is special...

Your reaction is exactly what is needed for this movie to be a hit. The male comic fans will go. However, to achieve major success at the box office, the girlfriends, wives, significant others must enjoy the movie also.

I'm not a great example, In my case, it's my HUSBAND we need to convince to go;) :busy:

He said he'll go as long as it's not animated, lol.

I'm not a great example, In my case, it's my HUSBAND we need to convince to go;) :busy:

Tell him it's casual dress!! He likes not having to get fancied up.. :)

Tell him the Mets will be making cameo appearances. :grin:

With all that CGI, it almost IS animated! With that being said, I am much more likely to see the flick after the WC trailer.

as for slighting Nodell and Alan Scott? the Wiki entry describes common comics retro continuity in action. In the 40s Nodell had never conceived of a GL Corps or its trillion year old origins. But, neither did DC create an entirely new superhero, preferring to ressurrect the GA Lantern name and powers.

So as the comics biz has survived, thrived and grown for 50 years since the SA began, it was inevitiable that Alan Scott would be woven together into current OA GL continuty.

and, shiuld GL movies continue would make for a great GL4 -script when Alan Scott reemerges as Hals predecessor! A subplot maybe as Hal falls for Scotts hot daughter maybe.

I just watched the 4 minute clip and it has completely changed my mind. I don't think I originally comprehended the volume of this movie will suck. Now I do. (worship)