• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"New baby" GA sale... SCREAMING good deals! Fiction House...

40 posts in this topic

Planet Comics #69 in 2.0 (?). Flat glossy book that presents extremely well, but the top cover edges and spine are a bit weak and chippy, though the PQ inside is just fine. The pages do have a different issue though -- long ago, some kid drew pencil grids over a couple of the lovely ladies (see photo), presumably as a way of transfering them to drawings. I find it a quite charming piece of the book's history :) , but it will certainly drop the grade. That said, still a low-grader that looks way better than its grade.

$38

planet69.jpg

planet69back.jpg

planet69pg.jpg

planet69pg2.jpg

Planet Comics #47 in 3.0. Very attractive black-covered book, general wear but very solid and clean. Front presents more like a 4.0. There's a 2" tear and some stains on the back cover. Supple pages. Insane bondage/decapped-heads splash. Nice book!

$88

planet47.jpg

planet47back.jpg

planet47pg.jpg

Love that Space Rangers splash!

Planet Comics #70 in 3.0. Dynamic black cover... and looks better than grade, but for whatever odd reason some clear tape was applied to reinforce top and bottom corners of spine. Very solid eye appeal for the grade.

$65 SOLD

planet70-1.jpg

planet70back.jpg

planet70pg.jpg

Jungle Comics #99 in 3.0/3.5. Classic GGA/bondage/torture cover! Faint longish stain and chips along right edge of front cover, wear at top staple, but tight solid book with nice eye appeal. Cover has a nice deep orange background, which is pretty tough to find for this issue.

$45 SOLD

jungle99.jpg

jungle99back.jpg

Last book...

Fight Comics #33 in 1.5. Great GGA war cover...one of the gems of this part of the Fight run, that typically goes for multiples of guide. Spine is well frayed; single staple has been replaced; general wear but still pretty decent for the grade, with nice color strike. Pages have some wear but are very bright. Tons of GGA inside too!

$80

fight33.jpg

fight33back.jpg

That's a lot of books I've never seen here before.

:foryou:

I think a few of these will eventually find new homes, but I guess we'll see. Happy to listen to PM offers, but I do recommend that they be "within reason" (these are titles I collect, so I can't say I'm dying to get rid of these).

I'd also consider trades for early-ish Rangers Comics (probably a long shot, but you never know).

Thanks to all who stopped by. 'Night all!

Jungle Comics #99 in 3.0/3.5. Classic GGA/bondage/torture cover! Faint longish stain and chips along right edge of front cover, wear at top staple, but tight solid book with nice eye appeal. Cover has a nice deep orange background, which is pretty tough to find for this issue.

$45

jungle99.jpg

jungle99back.jpg

:takeit:

$45

^^ Thanks!

Planet Comics #70 in 3.0. Dynamic black cover... and looks better than grade, but for whatever odd reason some clear tape was applied to reinforce top and bottom corners of spine. Very solid eye appeal for the grade.

$65

...Sold. :shy:

Planet Comics #46 in 1.8. But geez, the nicest-looking 1.8 ever. Flat & glossy book with terrific color strike. Spine split of an inch or so at bottom spine. Pages are slightly brittle around the edges, with chipping to bottom corners...but as you can see from the photos, no worse than "slightly". Another Planet with terrific art and stories.

$50

planet46.jpg

planet46back.jpg

planet46pg.jpg

planet46pg2.jpg

Planet Comics #29 in .5. Reader of a terrific 1944 Planet, with stories drawn by EC great Graham Ingels and the talented Lily Renee! Many problems with this book...the back cover has been married from another source and is not correct for this issue, though it is original and vintage. Spine is restapled and taped from inside. On top of that, there's moisture damage through the book; while the pages are reasonably flat with minimal rippling, there is some discoloration/staining on every page (see photos). Whew! With all that said, it's still a very affordable early Planet with a complete interior.

$35

planet29.jpg

planet29back.jpg

planet29pg.jpg

planet29pg2.jpg

Planet Comics #38 in .5/1.0. Another great cover, but interior pages are brittle/rounded/chipped around the edges; covers and pages were near-completely split at spine and are resealed with glue. Still, looks decent, readable with care. More great art in this one. Cheap!

$35

planet38.jpg

planet38back.jpg

planet38pg.jpg