• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about getting my money back...

32 posts in this topic

Did you say books were trimmed or there was trim on the books?...

ba_2.JPG

Click his "About Me" page.

His model's name is "Ivanna B. Eighton".

27_laughing.gifflowerred.gif

dr4lifegrl2.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has had any success in getting money back from a seller who sent items that were not accurate in the description. I am currently dealing with a seller who sent me 21 Silver Age Thors that were BADLY trimmed. He claims that he did not know and refuses to allow me to return the books.

This is his e-mail to me:

"I do not believe the books were trimmed then and I do not believe they are

now. I clearly remember there being rough edges on them. At any rate and not

to sound harsh, but the description clearly says,"These books range in

condition from Good to very fine range, mostly in the fine range. I am not a

pro grader so this is only in my opinion" And I stand by that in my

opinion that is their condition. I talked to my friend who I got them from

and he agrees that he would have noticed that they were trimmed too. Also if

they were trimmed I would have surely graded them higher the reason , I

graded them as ggo-fine was because of the edge wear. Again not trying to be

an [!@#%^&^] but I just cannot see refunding money based on someone I don't know

claim that they are trimmed, when my friends and mine recollection is quite

different."

I asked for a scan that he told me that he had so that I could prove to him that it was trimmed and he did not give it to me. I told him that I would return the books first, but he refuses to listen to even consider it. I paid with a Visa credit card via PayPal. I know that I should not bother even going through PayPal, so I should probably go straight through Visa. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

Call out the fraud police. Because it's not possible that he really is just some dope with some old comics, doesn't know how to grade, and wouldn't know a trim job from a hole in the ground. Clearly you can tell from his vast history of 15 prior sales totalling a whole hundred bucks or so that he is a comic restoration fraud master.

You looked at an auction from a low feedback user registered only 2 months ago with few sales under his belt, with no clear pics of the books, a sparse description, and no return policy. And now you're bent out of shape about it. Whoops.

Here's what I think you should do: write "$120.69 stupidly spent" on a sticky note and stick it to your monitor. If you consider bidding on future auctions like this one, refer to the note.

Sorry you got ripped off. It sucks when you feel like you can't even trust people who are selling freakin' READER copies of comics. I'd say try going through ebay and PayPal first, and then go to Visa if they do not resolve it to your satisfaction (smart move paying with a credit card, by the way). I hope you're able to get your money back somehow.

Well, I decided not to bid when the seller e-mailed me back and said the holder didn't come with the books. Of course, I wouldn't have minded if she'd been trimmed... tongue.gif

Can I say that on here? devil.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Here's what I think you should do: write "$120.69 stupidly spent" on a sticky note and stick it to your monitor. If you consider bidding on future auctions like this one, refer to the note.

Already done. Except my note says, "$120.69 + shipping stupidly spent on silver age comic books because some blonde with with black leather boots had them between her legs." Needless to say, I had to write very small.

Does anyone have any success stories of getting their money back through their credit card companies? (Especially Visa.) I would like to hear some experience on this matter before I do this. Thanks!

Does anyone have any success stories of getting their money back through their credit card companies? (Especially Visa.) I would like to hear some experience on this matter before I do this. Thanks!

I've only tried this once and it was great. Just called them up, got transfered to a special department for just this type of thing and told what happend. The entire process took about 20 min. (including hold times) and a few days later I could see the credit on my account (online).

Post the seller ID so we can stay away from this knuckle head.

foreheadslap.gif I can't believe I forgot to do that.

The seller is duderock4life.

The transaction number is 2231998848

I will have scans up in several minutes. I know that they are trimmed for two main reasons.

1) The corners on the right hand side of the books are razor sharp when compared to the rest of the book.

2) The books are smaller than the ones that I already have of the same issue! foreheadslap.gif Needless to say, I was kinda shocked when the books fit into modern age bags. 893frustrated.gif

Let me get this straight. You negged a guy for sending books that YOU thought were trimmed that were, at best, G/VGs? You've GOT to be kidding me. Seriously. Here's a hint - WHO CARES if the book was trimmed? The book you posted was a LGPOS.

I'm not doubting you Chuck,..cause I couldn't tell a trimmed book if the cover sliced open my finger,...but why would anyone trim a book that has so many other flaws working against it,...I mean even with a sharp right side the book is still a good......

I understand your need for doubt, but if you want irrefutable evidence...here is a scan of the Thor 126...on top of another silver age Thor.

See how small they trimmed it? Obviously not professionals. Like I said, these Thors fit into MODERN bags.

444859-thor126a.jpg

Silver Age Marvels come in all shapes and sizes.

shield4Thumb.jpg

Post the seller ID so we can stay away from this knuckle head.

foreheadslap.gif I can't believe I forgot to do that.

The seller is duderock4life.

The transaction number is 2231998848

I will have scans up in several minutes. I know that they are trimmed for two main reasons.

1) The corners on the right hand side of the books are razor sharp when compared to the rest of the book.

2) The books are smaller than the ones that I already have of the same issue! foreheadslap.gif Needless to say, I was kinda shocked when the books fit into modern age bags. 893frustrated.gif

Let me get this straight. You negged a guy for sending books that YOU thought were trimmed that were, at best, G/VGs? You've GOT to be kidding me. Seriously. Here's a hint - WHO CARES if the book was trimmed? The book you posted was a LGPOS.

So undisclosed restorstion is OK sometimes?

I care. If I knew, or even suspected that they might have been trimmed, I would not have bid on them. At what point do we get to decide whether or not disclosing restoration is optional? Some of the books were in fine condition with the trimming, is it okay for me to give him negative feedback for that?

I did not give him negative feedback only because the books were trimmed. I gave him negative feedback because he refused to respond to the matter in a professional manner. Instead of working with the customer to find a satisfactory solution, he just said, "No, I didn't trim it, so you are out of luck." I mentioned the evidence of why the book was altered and he ignored it. If he bothered to ATTEMPT a reasonable solution, I would have gladly left positive feedback.