• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any good comic stores in Boston?

8 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I am in Boston all week. Any good comic stores that I should check out?

Million Year Picnic in Cambridge is worth checking out. It's right in Harvard Square. There's also a New England Comics there. Not great for back issues, but it's a good shop otherwise. For the best NEC experience you've got to go to Quincy. Even there the selection isn't great though, so it's not really a recommended destination. Comicazi in Somerville is a pretty good back issue spot. There are a few other good shops, but none are really back issue destinations.

If you, for some reason, find yourself in Worcester check out That's Entertainment and give yourself a couple of hours to go through their back issues. Same goes for Wakefield and Web-Head. I wish there was a place like either within the city limits.

Now, if you can, you'll also want to make sure to check out Brookline Liquor Mart (I know what the name sounds like but it's one of the best wine shops in the city) and Marty's. There are a few other shops to check out depending on where you're staying, but those two are worth making a trip for. They're within a mile of each other.

Is Comicopia still in business? Kenmore Square last time I checked, which admittedly was years ago...

They've got a ton of graphic novels and about 3 issues deep on current monthly titles.

Quite a few "oddball" titles as well... but nothing in the back issue department.

Owner (Matt) said that if it's not currently available for re-order, he doesn't have it.