• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab-Pro

219 posts in this topic

For those with more money than sense = Slab-Pro

You have an iPhone - likely with a very similar design of case/screen protector for that poor excuse of a electronic device as that used on CGC slabs - and your railing on slab-pro?

Seeing an iPhone steamrolled by a tractor trailer would be satisfying based on how crappy I think they're company and product are, although I do wait for threads like this to share that opinion rather than start a thread about it.

Well, considering the iPhone4 needed a 'slab-pro' to make it actually work renders your argument redundant. Needing a case to make a badly designed product work cannot be compared to a case that makes a protective case... bigger.

The CGC case is designed to protect comic books, and other than SCS I suppose it does. Even Slab-Pro ain't going to prevent SCS.

This is the same as when collectors make fun of other collectors about throwing away their money on what they collect. Play ground stuff.

Dan

There's one customer.

It's no different than putting a plastic bag around your slab to keep it from getting scratched. You know collectors are anal about such things.

I think we needs one that fits around you. Then we don't have to pad the entire room.

:makepoint:

You have an iPhone - likely with a very similar design of case/screen protector for that poor excuse of a electronic device as that used on CGC slabs - and your railing on slab-pro?

Seeing an iPhone steamrolled by a tractor trailer would be satisfying based on how crappy I think they're company and product are, although I do wait for threads like this to share that opinion rather than start a thread about it.

Well, considering the iPhone4 needed a 'slab-pro' to make it actually work renders your argument redundant. Needing a case to make a badly designed product work cannot be compared to a case that makes a protective case... bigger.

The CGC case is designed to protect comic books, and other than SCS I suppose it does. Even Slab-Pro ain't going to prevent SCS.

Are you speaking as an iPhone apologist? If you are, then I'll tell you the only remote opportunity to "protect" one's investment when it comes to Apple products is if you're heavily invested in the waste management and garbage can industry.

Are you speaking as an iPhone apologist? If you are, then I'll tell you the only remote opportunity to "protect" one's investment when it comes to Apple products is if you're heavily invested in the waste management and garbage can industry.

No I'm not. Just proving your argument was complete bollocks.

The only thing you've proven is the problem of delusional self-importance that causes you to jump in and reply to a post that wasn't directed at you.

The only thing you've proven is the problem of delusional self-importance that causes you to jump in and reply to a post that wasn't directed at you.

I know it wasn't directed at me. But there were some bloody huge flaws in it.

I know it wasn't directed at me. But there were some bloody huge flaws in it.

Go back and reread my post (although I may be asking something that is far too challenging for your abilities).

Since you're obviously quite invested in this idea that there is an implicit argument, I'll explain it slowly... if that helps any.

If there was any point, it was to establish that asking about the common sense behind people's consumer choices is a rather asinine proposition, considering the OP himself can be judged for his poor consumer choices.

Starting a thread for the purpose of pointing out people's inadequacies, and dragging a companies name through the mud for the purpose of self-gratification is spectacularly stupid.

You're insistence on seeking an argument from my post however, if anything, further proves my point that common sense on these boards is like a super-power.

In this case, you're not only the anti-hero, but you seemed to have left behind common sense, logical thinking, and any cognitive ability to read between the lines, at the gate where they were handing out your clown costume.

Go back and reread my post (although I may be asking something that is far too challenging for your abilities).

I think most of your posts would challenge Shakespeare.

You're insistence on seeking an argument from my post

You provided the ammo.

You have an iPhone - likely with a very similar design of case/screen protector for that poor excuse of a electronic device

In this case, you're not only the anti-hero, but you seemed to have left behind common sense, ogical thinking, and any ability to read between the lines, at the gate where they were handing out your clown costume.

No, you're the clown, especially judging from the PM you sent me asking why I keep on antagonising you. If you bothered checking you'd see I've never even read a whole post of yours previous to this, let alone reply to one.

iPhone has a great spell check function. :devil::baiting:

..and the shares have looked great in my portfolio.

You provided the ammo.

You have an iPhone - likely with a very similar design of case/screen protector for that poor excuse of a electronic device

In this case, you're not only the anti-hero, but you seemed to have left behind common sense, logical thinking, and any ability to read between the lines, at the gate where they were handing out your clown costume.

No, you're the clown, especially judging from the PM you sent me asking why I keep on antagonising you. If you bothered checking you'd see I've never even read a whole post of yours previous to this, let alone reply to one.

I framed your penchant for jumping in this thread rather appropriately in my PM. The avatar says the rest clearly and abundantly.

You provided the ammo.

In this case, you're not only the anti-hero, but you seemed to have left behind common sense, logical thinking, and any ability to read between the lines, at the gate where they were handing out your clown costume.

I framed your penchant for jumping in this thread rather appropriately in my PM. The avatar says the rest clearly and abundantly.

Would it suit you if I asked beforehand if I can reply to one of your posts?

I love my iPhone, my iPad, AND my Macbook, but I think it would be really cool to see an iPhone flattened by a steamroller. It's that Mythbusters destruction thing hard coded into our XY chromosome pattern.

This is the same as when collectors make fun of other collectors about throwing away their money on what they collect. Play ground stuff.

Dan

There's one customer.

It's no different than putting a plastic bag around your slab to keep it from getting scratched. You know collectors are anal about such things.

I think we needs one that fits around you. Then we don't have to pad the entire room.

I don't have a slabpro, heck, I don't even own anything in cgc (all cracked out and smelly!) I just wonder why collectors of stuff get upset at other collectors of stuff for being stupid.

Dan

Dan

There's one customer.

I don't have a slabpro, heck, I don't even own anything in cgc (all cracked out and smelly!) I just wonder why collectors of stuff get upset at other collectors of stuff for being stupid.

Dan

My reply was actually to OG who was being sarcastic about you being a customer.

I agree with you, and quite honestly, it's mostly in this hobby that people are upset about stupid stuff like why somebody might use a slab pro.

I don't dislike the original poster as I know he is well liked around here and makes a lot of good points but I think it's in bad taste to start a thread like this.

Dan

There's one customer.

Dan

My reply was actually to OG who was being sarcastic about you being a customer.

I agree with you, and quite honestly, it's mostly in this hobby that people are upset about stupid stuff like why somebody might use a slab pro.

I don't dislike the original poster as I know he is well liked around here and makes a lot of good points but I think it's in bad taste to start a thread like this.

I gotcha! I agree. No bad will towards the OP, just curious how we all have our quirks, and some people might use one of these (even if it is redundant.) Not very nice to go after somebody who owns a business, tho'.

Dan

I gotcha! I agree. No bad will towards the OP, just curious how we all have our quirks, and some people might use one of these (even if it is redundant.) Not very nice to go after somebody who owns a business, tho'.

Dan

The stuff that people argue about as in this hobby actually makes for pretty good amusement for the other hobbies looking in. You just wonder why more people don't want to join in.

lol