• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catrick's Deep Discount Sales Thread! Now with DEEPER DISCOUNTS!

463 posts in this topic

Howdy Howdy!

Time to thin the herd, I've decided to start collecting GA Subbys and I need to make room and build a war chest.

I'll be tossing out a VERY mixed grill of GA, 50's, Silver, and Bronze along with such oddballs as Barbie sewing patterns, bags of marbles from the 50's, a few pulps, vintage Disney, etc etc.

Starting out with some Golden Age hero stuff, moving onto Dell/Gold Key, Charlton, DC including some very early war books, Marvel Bronze, plus a few items that don't really fit any category.

:takeit:

Rules the roost, but PM's are always welcome.

Shipping for individual books or a few is $6 Priority to US and general mail service to Canada. If you need something sent overseas PM me and we'll work something out.

Larger lots will be sent in Priority medium flat rate boxes to US (about $11 if memory serves) and exact shipping to Canada

I'm calling check or MO only, or well concealed cash at sender's risk.

NO PayPal if humanly possible. I just don't like PayPal and see no reason why any of us should give them a cut when stamps are cheap. If you absolutely can't pay any other way PM me and we'll work something out...I guess...if I have to, lol

I'll start listing things around 7:30 PM tonight.

Captain Marvel Adventures 31

Solid book, in the general VG range, with modest general wear, pencil FC, small stain BC, couple small tears on spine. Touch of spine roll. Cover and CF attached solidly. Contains a chapter of the classic Mr. Mind story.

This is one of those oddball count books, 32 pages before the center, 24 after.

O'street around $90, yours for $50 SOLD!

captainmarvel31.jpg

Captain Marvel Adventures 33

Solid enought G displays nicely, but has a couple extra staples banged through the whole book, three pieces of tape on the spine and a couple more upper BC, all starting to yellow up.

Another 32/24 page split, another Mr. Mind chapter.

O'street is $49 in G, selling this one for $24 SOLD!

captainmarvel33.jpg

Captain Marvel Adventures 63

Nice VG, maybe a touch better, maybe not, too. Flat, clean, square, with some minor general wear and a rounded lower RH FC, couple long folds BC. Tight spine and CF.

O'street VG is $64, asking $35 for this one. SOLD!

captainmarvel63.jpg

Captain Marvel Adventures Wheaties Giveaway

This is the one that came taped to a box of Wheaties back in the day. This one is rough but complete. Well, except for the corner off the front cover, lol

Two pieces of old tape upper FC, long tear along spine upper LH FC to the first white pointy bit, another tear through the "e" in New.

O'street in G is $93, I want $40 for this one. SOLD!

captainmarvelwh.jpg

Whiz Comics Wheaties Giveaway

Same as the CMA above, but this one has a good sized chunk out upper RH FC, see scan. Tape residue, fingernail sized chunk out lower LH FC.

O'street is $90 in G, asking $40 for this one. SOLD!

whizwheaties.jp.jpg

Batman 103

Solid enough reader copy, with light water stains along spine, rust migration at both staples, stain on Batman's face, some similar but lighter stains BC, sm. ink scribbles BC, etc, etc. That being said, it lays flat and is a nice tight copy.

O'street G is $54, take this one for $25 SOLD!

batman103.jpg

Batman 150, early 12 center

Nice clean copy, flat and square, good gloss, but a couple good-sized dogears lower RH FC, and some general wear, a little rub center of the Batman logo.

Let's call it a solid VG.

O'street VG is $36, asking $20

batman150.jpg

Speaking of which...

Blackhawk 51. Stripped logo cover, o/w tight and complete.

Five bucks takes it. SOLD!

blackhawk51.jpg

Blue Beetle 40

2" split upper spine, 1" split lower spine, long stacking-type crease along RH edge, otherwise not bad. Good gloss, tight cover and CF.

O'street G is $28, take it for $15 SOLD!

bluebeetle40.jp.jpg

Superman undercopy sale!

I managed to upgrade a few books this winter, the next four books are my undercopies. All solid and complete.

Superman 97

1" split upper spine, small light water stain upper RH BC, some general wear, bit of spine roll. That's about it! Around G but a NICE G.

O'street G is $52, take this copy for $30 SOLD!

superman97.jpg

Just wait until I get into the Dell/Gold Key/Harvey/Charlton books, Scrooge.

You are in SOOOO much trouble, lol