• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catrick's Deep Discount Sales Thread! Now with DEEPER DISCOUNTS!

463 posts in this topic

Supersnipe V3 #4

Selling a couple Supersnipe undercopies tonight. First off, this issue has lots and lotsa tape. Entire spine is taped, and about an inch out into the rear cover, evidently to strengthen the brittle bits. Also, it looks to have been ironed to get rid of a bad spine roll. Solid enough now, a decent reader.

O'street is $32 in G, take a decent enough reader for $15 SOLD!

supersnipev3n4..jpg

Supersnipe V3 #5

Same as the copy above, but a couple chunks out of the spine, filled in with tape.

O'street $32 in G, take this complete, solid reader for $10 SOLD!

supersnipev3n5..jpg

SO!

No action on the Fawcett books so far, how about a bulk deal? Take all 3 CMA's plus the CMA and Whiz Wheaties giveaways for $150.

I'm pricing these to MOVE!

:ohnoez:

Next up? Dells and Gold Keys, a mixed grill of titles.

I'll get a couple up tonight, and tear through the rest tomorrow, starting around Noonish.

Gyro Gearloose 01-329-07, spring 1962

Nice clean, flat copy, with minimal general wear, a couple NCB dogears lower RH FC, nice gloss, tight cover and cf, a whiff of distributor spray along the top edge makes it onto the back cover.

Nice book! Slider in the F-VF range, juuuuust enough wear to keep it out of the top tier.

$15 takes it away SOLD!

gyro1.jpg

Uncle Scrooge 21

Solid book, G-VG range, modest general wear plus a touch of spine roll. CF and cover tightly attached. Great stuff, Carl Barks at his peak.

Take it home for $10 SOLD!

us21.jpg

batman#150 :takeit: any more superman?

SOLD!

I'll doublecheck, I may have a few more Supeys in the early 100's.

Uncle Scrooge 178

Dang it, one issue off!

Here's a pretty nice copy of one of the scarce Whitlam issues, solid, flat, clean, white interior, just a hint of general wear along the spine, would probably be improved greatly by a good pressing if you enjoy that sort of thing...

Retail for this copy is probably around $20 or $25, I'm discounting it a bit, but not quite as deep as some of the other goodies, I believe it is a relatively scarce issue.

Take it home for $15 SOLD!

us178.jpg

Uncle Scrooge 180

Dang, one issue off...the other direction, lol

I sure bracketed the rare issue though, didn't I?

This copy is drop-dead beautiful. I'm not a genius when it comes to the uber-high grade books, I'm a bottom feeder by nature, but when I examine this issue all I can find is a slightly weak upper LH corner, and a hint of the start of a (NCB) fold on the spine to the left of the top yellow daisy. It's possible that neither of these will be evident in the scan. 9.2? 9.4? Something else entirely?

All I'm completely certain of is that this is by far the highest grade book I'll be selling in this thread.

I'm aggressively NOT discounting this one by much, but I'll still mark it down from the O'street 9.2 price of $80 to a take-it-home price of $60. SOLD!

us180.jpg

detective?

Sheesh, ya just can't please some folks, lol LOL

I'll look, I promise. But I don't think I have much in vintage 'tecs

All right, last listing for the evening.

Tracy Straigh Shooters marbles, unopened package.

I'm guessing here, but I'm thinking the vintage here is 1950's.

This is the first of two packages I have, both apx the same shape, with a light staining (water?) running around the perimiter of the header. Header is the same on both sides.

I'm shooting in the dark again on price, but I've never seen these before. I'm going a little aggressive at $20 for the unopened package. SOLD!

tracymarbles1.j.jpg

SO!

No action on the Fawcett books so far, how about a bulk deal? Take all 3 CMA's plus the CMA and Whiz Wheaties giveaways for $150.

I'm pricing these to MOVE!

:ohnoez:

Seriously, no nibbles at $30 a book for the lot? I'm determined to sell through on this thread, so take a good hard look!

Thanks!

Oh, and good night, I'll be back tomorrow, noonish/oneish.