• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Welcome To Bunkybrothers “Old School” LCS

107 posts in this topic

Stopped by the store today. Picked up detective comics #337.

Amazing to see a store with an amazing fantasy 15, FF 1, etc etc

P.s. if the blues brothers figures get priced, i'm a huge fan and would LOVE to own that.

Now that i have more time, let me give a full review. Store is fairly easy to find. Plenty of parking. Boring looking sign. Get inside the store and you notice the action figures and model cars/etc on the walls. There's $1 & $3 books. Didn't really look through them as i came specifically for silver/bronze detectives. There's 2 racks of modern books. Then there's the silver/bronze section, under plastic. That section was as big or bigger than most LCS entire back issue section. The amount of collectables they had was very fun to look at, and it'll only get better as time goes on. I saw cgc copies of ASM 1, FF 1, AF 15, gi joe # 1, a couple batman books, hulk # 1, etc etc. The only place I've ever been able to see this many nice books, besides conventions, was metro's offices.

Signed playbills from boris karloff, LOTS of star wars action figure, original and 80's gi joe, sports cards, hot wheels, etc. A few items weren't priced, so it'll be interesting to go back and see the store in a month; plus they've got about 3-4 detectives i'd like to eventually pick up.

As for the store staff, the gentleman that me and my girlfriend talked to was friendly and helpful. Good news is that its only a few miles from my favorite pizza place, and my family lives nearby, so it'll give me plenty of reason to come by.

Now that i have more time, let me give a full review. Store is fairly easy to find. Plenty of parking. Boring looking sign. Get inside the store and you notice the action figures and model cars/etc on the walls. There's $1 & $3 books. Didn't really look through them as i came specifically for silver/bronze detectives. There's 2 racks of modern books. Then there's the silver/bronze section, under plastic. That section was as big or bigger than most LCS entire back issue section. The amount of collectables they had was very fun to look at, and it'll only get better as time goes on. I saw cgc copies of ASM 1, FF 1, AF 15, gi joe # 1, a couple batman books, hulk # 1, etc etc. The only place I've ever been able to see this many nice books, besides conventions, was metro's offices. :o

Signed playbills from boris karloff, LOTS of star wars action figure, original and 80's gi joe, sports cards, hot wheels, etc. A few items weren't priced, so it'll be interesting to go back and see the store in a month; plus they've got about 3-4 detectives i'd like to eventually pick up.

As for the store staff, the gentleman that me and my girlfriend talked to was friendly and helpful. Good news is that its only a few miles from my favorite pizza place, and my family lives nearby, so it'll give me plenty of reason to come by.

(thumbs u