• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Journey into Mystery #102 - Pics and Scans!

18 posts in this topic

In my opinion, the signatures *should* be inside the comic instead of on the cover, so as not to mar it.

As for the grade, I think it has the potential to grade 9.0 or better. The spine stresses are faint, with some minute staple stress, but I wonder how the right corner will influence grading?

Nice ow/w page quality!

(In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a biased on this comic since it's on my want list)

8.5 top

Wow! What brings it down for you?

Few spine tics and that tiny crease at the bottom front cover are the only flaws I can see.

you left out the flaw of the top left corner of the front cover and the general wear of the top edge. Perhaps the scan makes it look worse than it is...if so then I can see a 9.0.

I think the top edge wear relegates the book to 8.0...8.5 tops. Also, depending on the severity of the overhang, CGC may inform you they won't slab the book...I don't think they offer a grade if they're not slabbing due to overhang.

They don't slab books with overhangs of a given nature, as this could result in creating a crease, and thus "damaging" the book further and lowering its grade...

Aside from that it's a very pretty book and... :takeit:

The one exception for signatures on the cover would be for Kirby. Anyone seen that copy of JIM 83 with his signature for sale at Cloud Nine Comics?

Stan Lee's signing thousands of books a year, meanwhile. Got to give the man his due, but sometimes I wish he'd take a vacation from signing for awhile...

Then again, if *I* was getting paid $50-100 for my signature, I'd be doing the same thing.