• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow, some people are real tough to please on Ebay

150 posts in this topic

Is that Ghost rider?

Sorry, Steve beat ya to it. I bought his GR1 9.4 like 6 weeks ago.

And he had it to me 2 days after paying :whee:

lol

So what? Who couldn't use another 9.4 Ghost Rider #1??

It practically screams "buy me...buy me....buy me"...

:baiting:

No, i dont have a problem with CGC because i KNOW its going to take a long time. If you're auction says "i'm really busy and wont be able ship for 2,3,4 weeks whatever", thats fine with me. I know what to expect. Now, when im at day 52 and CGC still says "scheduled to be graded" it does annoy me a little.

However, if your auction says, "ships in 4-5 days" thats what i expect. Im definitely going to get annoyed if you dont ship for 10 days because you "have a life" unless you contact me and explain whats going on.

And yes George, not exactly thrilled with Clink! I got my Pedigree and CC books over a week ago but my Clink books havent even shipped yet (tsk) Really, though, that doesnt actually bother me too much. Tracy is SUPER nice and i know a lot of times they are waiting for books to come from the seller. Id certainly like them faster but i still go back to Clink every month and spend more money with them than any other site.

I guess its perception with me. I assume Clink is super busy and dealing with a million orders so if it takes them a little longer to ship, im fine with that. if i have the feeling though that someone isnt shipping because "they have a life" and "this isnt their business" and they'll get to it when they get to it, thats definitely going to annoy me. To me, once i pay you, its a business. I work damn hard for my money and when i send it to someone, i expect them to take it seriously and make it somewhat of a priority. I dont expect them to drop everything and take care of me but i also dont expect to wait until theyve done everything on their bucket list before getting around to me.

Your time frame expectations are perfectly reasonable. I don't really think you are the sort about whom this thread was started.

Your posts have a high level of emotion, though... (shrug)

You can print it all, but you have to physically hand the clerk international packages. It is for security purposes. At least that is what they tell me here, and they have told my friend in Orlando the same thing.

Not here, I hand them to the carrier all the time...it's just first class you have to do in person, if it's over 1lb, under 1lb,you can use stamps.

It even says on the website you can hand the carrier the packages. Actually, they don't even make me hand them, I just leave them at my mailbox ...

This is the same thing. The clerk or the carrier is supposed to ask you the magic question upon physical receipt. Obviously, different standards are applied by and among the various personnel.

There's no magic question that they need to ask, though - the USPS faqs are pretty specific in that regard; you do not need to be present for a carrier pickup. Whether the item is going domestic or international is irrelevant.

Not entirely so. You cannot, for example, simply drop an international PM flat rate envelope into the mail box.

This is true. I think the reason that you can schedule a pickup for International PM Flat Rate Envelopes (for example) without having to hand them to the carrier is because they can tie the postage that you purchased online with your address which they picked up the package at (in the event that would be necessary). The latter obviously can't be tracked if you just drop it into a box.

No, that's actually not true.

From the USPS faq dealing with Priority Mail International:

Accepted at all United States Postal Service® retail locations (and can be deposited at all Post Office™ facilities, Express Mail® service Collection Box® receptacles, and given to letter carriers).

Handing a priority mail flat-rate envelope with international postage to the clerk at the post office is no different than just putting said envelope in the drop box in the lobby, or having the envelope picked up from your home by way of carrier pickup.

Agreed, but not the normal mail box at the corner. :makepoint: Also, it's "clerk's law". Some clerks ask the question (it may be an antiquated requirement) some don't. As to what you're quoting, those are faq's (which provide some of the information) - you're mistaking them for regulations (which provide all of the information).

You can print it all, but you have to physically hand the clerk international packages. It is for security purposes. At least that is what they tell me here, and they have told my friend in Orlando the same thing.

Not here, I hand them to the carrier all the time...it's just first class you have to do in person, if it's over 1lb, under 1lb,you can use stamps.

It even says on the website you can hand the carrier the packages. Actually, they don't even make me hand them, I just leave them at my mailbox ...

This is the same thing. The clerk or the carrier is supposed to ask you the magic question upon physical receipt. Obviously, different standards are applied by and among the various personnel.

There's no magic question that they need to ask, though - the USPS faqs are pretty specific in that regard; you do not need to be present for a carrier pickup. Whether the item is going domestic or international is irrelevant.

Not entirely so. You cannot, for example, simply drop an international PM flat rate envelope into the mail box.

This is true. I think the reason that you can schedule a pickup for International PM Flat Rate Envelopes (for example) without having to hand them to the carrier is because they can tie the postage that you purchased online with your address which they picked up the package at (in the event that would be necessary). The latter obviously can't be tracked if you just drop it into a box.

No, that's actually not true.

From the USPS faq dealing with Priority Mail International:

Accepted at all United States Postal Service® retail locations (and can be deposited at all Post Office™ facilities, Express Mail® service Collection Box® receptacles, and given to letter carriers).

Handing a priority mail flat-rate envelope with international postage to the clerk at the post office is no different than just putting said envelope in the drop box in the lobby, or having the envelope picked up from your home by way of carrier pickup.

Agreed, but not the normal mail box at the corner. :makepoint: Also, it's "clerk's law". Some clerks ask the question (it may be an antiquated requirement) some don't. As to what you're quoting, those are faq's (which provide some of the information) - you're mistaking them for regulations (which provide all of the information).

From the USPS Priority Mail International regulations :whistle:

Priority Mail International items that have the mailing label, customs form (including an electronic round stamp), and postage prepared and paid online through Click-N-Ship service on usps.com, the eBay integrated shipping solution, or an authorized PC Postage vendor Web site may be deposited by one of the following methods:

1) At a Postal Service retail counter.

2) Through Pickup on Demand service (see 235.2).

3) Through Carrier Pickup service (see 235.3).

4) Into a Postal Service lobby drop.

5) Into an Automated Postal Center (APC) drop.

6) In a collection box.

7) In a customer mailbox.

http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc2_015.htm

Thanks Michael - That's great! (thumbs u That will save me a couple of minutes on every package. Clearly not all of the postal clerks are aware of the change at 235.12:

235.11 Items Requiring a Completed Customs Declaration

Except as provided in 235.12, a mailer may not deposit a Priority Mail International item that requires a completed customs form into a collection box, Postal Service lobby drop, Automated Postal Center (APC) drop, or customer mailbox, or at a Postal Service dock or other unattended location. In addition, these mailpieces are precluded from Pickup on Demand service under 235.2 and Carrier Pickup service under 235.3. Customers must present such items to an employee at a Post Office retail service counter. Customers who enter volume mailings paid with a permit imprint under 233.22 must enter such items through a business mail entry unit (BMEU) or, when authorized by the district BMEU manager, through an authorized detached mail unit (DMU) at a mailer’s plant. The Postal Service will return improperly presented items to the sender for proper entry and acceptance.

235.12 Items Bearing a Completed Customs Declaration With an Electronic Round DatePriority Mail International items that have the mailing label, customs form (including an electronic round stamp), and postage prepared and paid online through Click-N-Ship service on usps.com, the eBay integrated shipping solution, or an authorized PC Postage vendor Web site may be deposited by one of the following methods:

At a Postal Service retail counter.

Through Pickup on Demand service (see 235.2).

Through Carrier Pickup service (see 235.3).

Into a Postal Service lobby drop.

Into an Automated Postal Center (APC) drop.

In a collection box.

In a customer mailbox.

]I wonder if there is a generational divide when it comes to impatience.[/b] Those who were buying books through the CBG twenty years ago can recall waiting weeks until a check had been received and cleared before getting books sent media mail.

Yes and

some advice to anybody who is into selling in the much hotter videogames category is make sure you get the videogames out ASAP! The younger crowd are much quicker to neg you if you ship that videogame a week later.

2c

I screwed up and didn't get his package out right away but he got it in exactly 10 days after paying. He paid on a Friday night and I can't get to a post office on Saturday so I forgot to ship it until the next week. The items arrived safely but he gave me a neutral and slammed my shipping score. I went from a 5 to a 4.7. Not that anyone here gives a mess but I was just pissed and thought he was crazy to do that. Sure I could have been faster but this seemed ludicrous to me. Just wanted to vent, sorry folks!!

My newly ruined feedback: MY FEEDBACK

So did he wait about a month to post the feedback to make it look longer?

That sucks. Can't do much about clowns like that except block them for the future.

As a buyer, I don't expect , obviously. eBay sellers are all over the board and I am not surprised if I receive something in two days or two weeks. Any longer than that and I start to get nervous, though.

As a seller, however, once I have the buyer's money, their package goes out the next day - no exceptions. I can't think of one time that I missed sending something the day after. I realize not everyone thinks the same way as I do, but if I have their cash, I just can't justify not sending out their stuff ASAP. It's almost as much for my peace of mind as it is to get them their stuff on time. I just don't want to keep thinking 'Man, I still have to mail that dude's stuff' until I actually get around to it. Drives me nuts. I guess, if anything, it's kept me from getting neutrals/negatives and nicks on my shipping stars.

2c

+1

Geez, I tought I was alone on that one. I've been thinking like that since starting on eBay.

How does one do that if they have a job they work at 12 hours a day, screaming kids and 46 other things to do? I'm straight up in my auctions that it may take me 5 days to ship. I also don't get fidgity if people don't pay right away, but I certainly try to get to it sooner than later if I am paid right away. I also throw in freebies to compensate for the slower shipping. People seem to like free stuff and my shipping time #s aren't bad.

I can only speak for myself, but:

1. I work 12 hours a day too...sometimes more.

2. I don't have kids, so can't speak to that. I have two dogs that I have to walk though :insane:

3. When I'm planning my auctions, I make sure that I have time set aside to complete my duties for anyone that pays at (or near) auction's close. If they pay a couple of days after auction's close, they obviously aren't in a hurry so I don't worry about it as much. If they pay that night though, I make sure it's out the next day.

Like I said earlier though, I can only speak for myself. If I know I'm not going to have time to complete my obligations in what I feel is a timely manner, I don't start the auction.

Speaking for myself when I was working insane hours and now retired. I promise 24-48hrs via priority mail when the payment is received. I check my mail/ebay several times. I usually get my books that are "sold" before the end of the auction in box or in the heavy cardboard priority envelope. I also have a postoffice with the automated shipping 24hrs a day. I ship to my customer timely they way I would like. I really don't like waiting over 5-10 days in particular with no explainations. If your selling you need to set that time aside for the completion of the task, if not then don't sell!!!!

WEBHEAD

+1

I wonder if there is a generational divide when it comes to impatience. Those who were buying books through the CBG twenty years ago can recall waiting weeks until a check had been received and cleared before getting books sent media mail.

Writing and mailing a check on the same day that the phone call was made to confirm the book felt as much like paying right away as clicking on Paypal does now. Honestly, after I've paid for something, I don't usually don't even start worrying about how soon it's going to arrive until maybe 10 days have passed.

I really don't get this attitude that expects ebay sellers to be running to the post office daily. I recently listed a few hundred LPs on ebay with BINS. I had sales every couple of days for a few weeks, but went to the post office every four or five days. If someone hit the BIN and paid after I just returned from the post office, I wasn't going to run out the next day just to ship one record when I knew I'd probably have about 10 to go in a few more days. I had a couple people enquire about their records - but in both cases it had to do with media mail taking over 10 days to get to them, as I had mailed both orders within a couple days of paying.

No, believe me, i was buying out of CBG back in the day waiting forever to get packages.

I dont expect someone to ship next day after i pay but i do expect it to be shipped within 4-5 days max unless it says differently in their auction. Almost all auctions with slabs now, the shipping is over $10 and usually priority. Unless it says differently in the auction or its international, i expect my package within 10 days. I dont expect to get it within 2 days like Steve gets them done(but i do LOVE that!!! :cloud9: ) but i definitely expect them within 10 days. After 10 days, im probably going to start getting annoyed.

For me , i think that is a generational thing and im more old fashioned. When i pay, i expect it to be treated like a priority and a business. I watched my Dad run his business that way for 40 years and thats the way i do/expect things to be done by others. I cant imagine for the life of me my dad not getting out a shipment almost immediately because "he has a life".

Well said! (thumbs u

Do those star rating really hurt that much? If so, thats really stupid.

I rarely give 5 stars in every category...

5 stars means they went above and beyond; items arrived faster than promised, packed better than expected.

4 stars means you didn't screw anything up and stuff arrived timely...

3 stars means you did the bare minimum for a transaction. I didn't have to pester you, but stuff took longer than it probably should, etc.

and so on...

if 5-stars is the standard, what's the point of a 5 point scale? Just make it 2 stars; pass/fail.

*shrug*

your thinking is just plain wrong

if a seller does everything right then 5 stars