• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow, some people are real tough to please on Ebay

150 posts in this topic

I screwed up and didn't get his package out right away but he got it in exactly 10 days after paying. He paid on a Friday night and I can't get to a post office on Saturday so I forgot to ship it until the next week. The items arrived safely but he gave me a neutral and slammed my shipping score. I went from a 5 to a 4.7. Not that anyone here gives a mess but I was just pissed and thought he was crazy to do that. Sure I could have been faster but this seemed ludicrous to me. Just wanted to vent, sorry folks!!

My newly ruined feedback: MY FEEDBACK

well, your Ebay ad said delivery in 4-5 business days. The buyer also said that you were slow to respond to emails. Are you guilty as charged? If so, you should only be pissed at yourself. Ebay is weighted towards the buyers these days so you as a seller have to provide "customer service"

2c

Welcome to the "I WANT IT AND I WANT IT YESTERDAY AND I WILL STOMP MY FEET AND HURT YOU IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME WHAT I WANT WANT WANNNNNTTTTT!!!!!" world.

veruca_salt1.jpg

Exactly how I felt. Take away two Sundays and he got it in 8 business days. My ad says 2 business to ship and 4-5 for delivery so I missed it by a day, I'm such an !! No really it really is a non-issue but it was my first non-positive in 8 years on ebay so I guess it caught me by surprise and I had no one to whine to except maybe others that had that happen to them here.

Sorry man, some people are pissers, what can ya do?

If I were the buyer, I'd be a little pissed though especially if you then didn't respond to my emails. I wouldn't have given you a neutral for sure but I definitely would have dinged your shipping times scores. I'd probably have given you 3 stars but if you caught me giving feedback on a bad day that I was pissed off on, I could see my self giving 1 star :blush:

Like everyone else said though, sucks but not the end of the world especially with your feedback. You have way too much good for 1 neutral to really hurt you (thumbs u

That's why I always list the longer shipping time option when i sell - I still try to get stuff out ASAP - but if I'm selling a lot of stuff I don't want be going to the post office every other day.

Thanks Jason, I actually did contact on Tuesday, which was only 4 days after he paid. I agree with everyone that it's no big deal and I'll survive. Don't plan on selling much on there anymore if I don't have to anyways.

Hey, I'll still buy from ya anyday despite the things I've heard about you on eBay! lol

Thanks Jason, I actually did contact on Tuesday, which was only 4 days after he paid. I agree with everyone that it's no big deal and I'll survive. Don't plan on selling much on there anymore if I don't have to anyways.

Hey, I'll still buy from ya anyday despite the things I've heard about you on eBay! lol

Well in that case maybe I'll open a sales thread to get rid of some junk I don't need!!

You emailed him on Tuesday?!? That's pretty of him to give you a neutral then IMO!

I can see giving you 2-3 stars still but no way a neutral. I've only given 1 neutral in my life. Seller on eBay was selling iron man slabs in like 130-150, NOT expensive books. Shipping for 1 slab was $15 which I already thought was high. Auction said "I combine shipping" and lterally then had like a 3 sentence mini rant about how he hates people who rip you off on shipping and how he doesn't do that!

I win 3 books for like $20'a piece and he invoices me $15 for the 1st slab and $5 each for the next 2. $25 to ship 3 cheap slabs! The guy lived on the east coast also So it's not like it was international. He wouldn't budge and then took like 12 business days to even ship. I wanted to neg him but wimped out and gave a neutral with all 1 stars.

You emailed him on Tuesday?!? That's pretty of him to give you a neutral then IMO!

I can see giving you 2-3 stars still but no way a neutral. I've only given 1 neutral in my life. Seller on eBay was selling iron man slabs in like 130-150, NOT expensive books. Shipping for 1 slab was $15 which I already thought was high. Auction said "I combine shipping" and lterally then had like a 3 sentence mini rant about how he hates people who rip you off on shipping and how he doesn't do that!

I win 3 books for like $20'a piece and he invoices me $15 for the 1st slab and $5 each for the next 2. $25 to ship 3 cheap slabs! The guy lived on the east coast also So it's not like it was international. He wouldn't budge and then took like 12 business days to even ship. I wanted to neg him but wimped out and gave a neutral with all 1 stars.

Yep, emailed Tuesday apologizing and said the books were being shipped out the next day. I'm over it but I'm still not over that backcourt call against the Cuse!!

Welcome to the "I WANT IT AND I WANT IT YESTERDAY AND I WILL STOMP MY FEET AND HURT YOU IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME WHAT I WANT WANT WANNNNNTTTTT!!!!!" world.

veruca_salt1.jpg

Exactly how I felt. Take away two Sundays and he got it in 8 business days. My ad says 2 business to ship and 4-5 for delivery so I missed it by a day, I'm such an !! No really it really is a non-issue but it was my first non-positive in 8 years on ebay so I guess it caught me by surprise and I had no one to whine to except maybe others that had that happen to them here.

You did fine. Last year, someone bought a book on Jul 31. They had the book in hand Aug 10. They left me a 1 or 2 for shipping time.

A 1 or 2? They had their book IN HAND in SEVEN business days.

To normal, rational, sane people, 7 business days is fine. Worth a 4, maybe a 3. A 1 or 2 to normal, sane, rational people is 4 weeks or more.

They left a 1 or 2. Seven business days from payment to delivery.

What normal, sane, rational person leaves a 1 or 2 when the item is in hand within 7 business days?

For anyone who wants to block them, they are 007comix. They were obviously blocked by me. Anybody here 007comix...?

I give free priority shipping AND insurance on all slabs over $100.... :whistle: