• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: 1930s-60s Tarzan/Edgar Rice Burroughs Memorabilia Interest?

1 post in this topic

Hey everyone, sorry for the off-topic post, but it is slightly related and there are some broad interests and incredibly knowledgeable people here so i thought it would be the best place to ask.

I recently had a customer approach me with a LARGE collection of Edgar Rice Burroughs and Tarzan memorabilia from the 30s through the 60s. Most of it is all paper related ephemera such as fanzines, fan club newsletters, dailies but there are some movie press stills from the 30s and 40s, lobby cards and even the first "price guide" for ERB stuff, all hand typed and bound in a red leather (esque) jacket.

Honestly, this stuff is really cool but well out of my area of expertise. It's a pretty large collection and he's looking to sell. Is there a market for this sort of stuff? Would Heritage or Profiles be a good route or is the demand weaker to the point where it would be something to sell through eBay?

Any and all insight welcome. Feel free to PM if you'd rather not post as well. Thanks in advance!