• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Big, BIG Deal Thread. Startling 49 CGC 9.0 and others added.

112 posts in this topic

and the last one for tonight.....

Startling Comics # 49 (CGC 9.0 CRM/OW) $6,250. Classic Schomburg cover

Here's another one that could stand to be resubmitted, as it lacks any visible surface wear (all three graders gave it a 9.0, plus its an old label).

StartlingComics48cgc90f.jpg

StartlingComics48cgc90b.jpg

Daredevil # 1 (CGC 8.0 OW/W) $2,375 shipped

Very nice book, with solid corners, one tiny nick on the spine, and great appeal. All three graders were at 8.0, and the book does not appear to have been Pressed (but that's just a guess on my part). Was thinking of cracking it out and resubbing it for a 8.5, but whatever.

good lord I wish I had some extra scratch atm.. :(

Why couldn't you have been around a month or so ago!!

:tonofbricks:

I take Credit cards via Paypal. :gossip:

Why is this still here?

Just in case someone is worried about paying OVER last GPA on this book... :flamed:

DD # 1 CGC 8.0 OW/W on ebay at $2,500 with two days to go.

So, there will be a new GPA sale to reference soon enough that is higher then my asking price. How much higher remains to be seen.

(thumbs u At $2650 now. This seems to be a better deal as the minutes pass. It's like the opposite of price drop!

WOW

Ditto! Go for it AGGIEZ! Your signature line suggests you like this cover...

I LOVE that book....but I also love my marriage and my bank account... (thumbs u

WOW

I LOVE that book....but I also love my marriage and my bank account... (thumbs u

Yeah, I hear you there. I wish I could buy it, too, and I don't have a spouse that would go apoplectic upon learning I spent so much on a comic book...

WOW

Marriage and bank accounts? And you call yourself a comic collector? Puh-lease! You need to get your Priorities straight mister! :baiting:

Amazing books. That FF #16 looks incredible for a 9.0... where is the CB crease at?

It looks like it may be on the "Dr. Doom" text.

Yep, its about a 3/4' inch crease right in the word box. I priced it strong, because I paid strong for it (got it from our own Steve, or rube11 if you prefer, a few months ago). Its the nicest copy you'll find without having to pay a 9.2 price (which would be about $2,500).

Daredevil # 1 (CGC 8.0 OW/W) $2,375 shipped

Very nice book, with solid corners, one tiny nick on the spine, and great appeal. All three graders were at 8.0, and the book does not appear to have been Pressed (but that's just a guess on my part). Was thinking of cracking it out and resubbing it for a 8.5, but whatever.

good lord I wish I had some extra scratch atm.. :(

Why couldn't you have been around a month or so ago!!

:tonofbricks:

I take Credit cards via Paypal. :gossip:

Why is this still here?

Just in case someone is worried about paying OVER last GPA on this book... :flamed:

DD # 1 CGC 8.0 OW/W on ebay at $2,500 with two days to go.

So, there will be a new GPA sale to reference soon enough that is higher then my asking price. How much higher remains to be seen.

(thumbs u At $2650 now. This seems to be a better deal as the minutes pass. It's like the opposite of price drop!

Let's make it even more of a no-brainer.

Dropping the price on the DD # 1 to $2,250. That's $400 less then some poor sap on eBay is about to pay and $250 below Overstreet. :whatev:

Recap:

Page 1:

Captain America Comics # 39 (CGC 9.0 CRM/OW) $3,195 shipped.

Captain America # 145 (CGC 9.6 OW/W) SOLD

Daredevil # 1 (CGC 8.0 OW/W) SOLD

Daredevil # 34 (CGC 9.4 White) $125 shipped.

Fear # 6 (CGC 9.4 OW/W) $125 shipped. Pressed

Fantastic Four # 39 (CGC 9.4 CRM/OW) $975 shipped.

X-Men # 74 (CGC 9.6 White) $250 shipped.

Jo-Jo Comics # 18 (CGC 8.5 OW) $495 shipped.

Page 4:

Tales of Suspense # 39 (CGC 8.5 Qualified OW) $3995.

Tales of Suspense # 33 (CGC 9.2 CRM/OW) SOLD

Tales of Suspense # 48 (CGC 9.0 OW) $775.

Tales of Suspense # 49 (CGC 9.0 OW) Pressed. $1,375

Tales of Suspense # 54 (CGC 9.2 OW/W) $450.

Fantastic Four # 24 (CGC 9.4 OW/W) SOLD

Page 6:

Amazing Spider-Man # 47 (CGC 9.4 OW/W) $435 shipped.

Amazing Spider-Man # 64 (CGC 9.6 OW/W) SOLD

FF # 16 (CGC 9.0 OW/W) SOLD

Strange Tales # 123 (CGC 9.0 CRM/OW) $225

Strange Tales # 125 (CGC 9.2 OW) $495.

Page 7:

Superman # 32 (CGC 8.0 OW) $995

Startling Comics # 49 (CGC 9.0 CRM/OW) $6,250. Classic Schomburg cover

Your copy of DD #1 is nicer, too. A bit of a head scratcher why this hasn't gone yet. On the bright side, the underbidder on that one will likely find this one a better buy...

Myself, I'm wishing I had the funds to buy the Startling Comics #49, what a great cover. A Bender prototype for you Futurama fans...