• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What if? Which creator would you have loved to see on which character?

63 posts in this topic

Joe Kubert Batman.

Did he do any Batman work besides (I think) that story in Batman: Black and White # 1?

Alex Ross on Strange Tales 101-134.

Neil Gaiman Hulk 1-6. with covers by Tim Bradstreet.

Alex Schomburg GI Joe.

Actually, I think Kubert did a big run of Batman stories in Detective in the 340s 350s

He did a couple of the covers, but no interior pencils that I know of. Batman # 400 has a few pages IIRC?

One of the weirder (cool) Kubert books is DC Comics Presents # 66, Superman and The Demon!

If I'm not mistaken I believe Ditko did a Batman story featuring Creeper as guest star.

I would have liked to seen Ditko do Ghost Rider or Son Of Satan.

Infantino on FF would of been cool. It would of given the FF a different look and feel about the comic.

Hey guys, I was recently scanning some books, and one book in particular made me think about what if (some creator) had worked on (some random character). Thought it might be an outstanding thread topic to see some different ideas....

How cool would it have been if Wally Wood had worked on Superman?

465478649_o.jpg

For that matter Wally Wood on anything.

Frazetta on Swamp Thing

Ditko on Daredevil

Frank Frazetta - Sgt. Rock, and Marvel horror titles like Ghost Rider, Werewolf By Night and Dracula.

Alex Toth - Daredevil

Wally Wood - Wonder Woman

Hal Foster - Conan

Alan Moore on Dr. Strange could be pretty cool (or would that be too similar to Promethea?).

I would like to see Jim Starlin do an extended run writing/drawing Dr Strange

+1

As you'll know, Starlin did several issues of Dr. Strange, but his artwork was obliterated by some very heavy-handed Rudy Nebres inking. A more extensive run, inked by Milgrom, Janson or Leialoha would have been nice, and his Captain Marvel / Warlock storytelling style would have crossed over very well indeed here. Also, I wonder what Frank Miller's run on the title would have been like?

So far I like these the best:

Wrightson on Walking Dead

Powell on Hulk, or anything mainstream Marvel for that matter

Alan Moore on Dr. Strange

Frank Frazetta on ANYTHING

Eric Powell on the Hulk would be pretty cool
You can have a look at Eric Powell's version of the Hulk in the Marvel Monsters : Devil Dinosaur one-shot.

Jim Starlin art and story for Supersnipe

I'd love to see someone take the art and fun stories to a whole new level.

I'd buy that one

Alex Ross art and Neil Gaman for Phantom Lady

Powell on FF would be cool as well. Think he would do a mean Ben Grimm.
No doubt about that whatsoever. (thumbs u

On the other hand, a very disappointing version was Neal Adams' Skrull / Thing in Avengers 93.