• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimm Fairy Tales

8 posts in this topic

I don't wanna thread jack, but I didn't want to post another topic on the same title.

Why is the standard GFT #3 and the Sean Shaw Bondage cover not recognized seperately?? One is far rarer than the other and goes for a much larger amount aftermarket.

They actually are the same in terms of release. It's sometimes reported as a variant (the Sean Shaw cover), but it's actually just a second cover for the regular release. In keeping with the approach to other issues with "alternate" covers, there is only one slot.

I don't wanna thread jack, but I didn't want to post another topic on the same title.

Why is the standard GFT #3 and the Sean Shaw Bondage cover not recognized seperately?? One is far rarer than the other and goes for a much larger amount aftermarket.

They actually are the same in terms of release. It's sometimes reported as a variant (the Sean Shaw cover), but it's actually just a second cover for the regular release. In keeping with the approach to other issues with "alternate" covers, there is only one slot.

Sooo what's the registry see as the difference between a "variant" and an "alternate cover" ???

Sooo what's the registry see as the difference between a "variant" and an "alternate cover" ???

Variants usually have a limited print run (1/100, 1/250, 1/500, 1/750, etc.) or are a chase cover (1:5, 1:10, etc.)

• Administrator

The variants are noted based upon the indicia, so as long as the book is noted as a variant there then we will note it as such. However, if it is not noted or it is believed that the print run is the same as the other variants, then they are all noted as "Variant" with a note of "X# of Variants exist." If the book is not labeled as a separate variant then I can't create a separate slot for it as it is not distinguishable in the database.

The variants are noted based upon the indicia, so as long as the book is noted as a variant there then we will note it as such. However, if it is not noted or it is believed that the print run is the same as the other variants, then they are all noted as "Variant" with a note of "X# of Variants exist." If the book is not labeled as a separate variant then I can't create a separate slot for it as it is not distinguishable in the database.

Hmmm hm

I think I understand. Thanks for the help!

If I many ask another question? Why do some of these (GFT #3 Sean Shaw variant) that get graded say "Bondage Cover" on the CGC label and others may not? Any reason in particular?