• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I got ripped on eBay what do they usually do in the instances below?

11 posts in this topic

I didnt get ripped off too badly however the sellers attitude was unbelievable.

First one was a lot of Flash comics, books were worth about $50 in grade and I won the auction for $20. Guy cashed my check sent the other books I bought from him, the Flash books werent in the auction.

I emailed him about it and he said he'd send them. Told me several times that he was sending them after he posted a check refunding the auction.

I had to email him to get him to explain and he was like 'they were lost'.

He took a picture of the lot when he posted them on eBay and now they're lost? He simply didnt like the price.

Other lot was labelled as Green Lantern 17 in the title and the listing, Bidding went to $18 for it. When the book arrived it was DC Special #17 a reprint book worth $5.

Seller was unbelievable about it, was rude to me and seemed to enjoy the fact that he ripped me off. Finally ended the conversation by saying 'I sell $5000 of books a month, eBay wont do anything to me'.

Sad fact is he's probably right.

Seller is innovator1 he's got 12000+ feedback I'm sure some people on here have dealt with him.

Seller is innovator1 he's got 12000+ feedback I'm sure some people on here have dealt with him.

Think of Ebay as Tony Soprano, as long as they get their cut, aint a damn thing they will do.

Best advise, dont loose any sleep over this.

Were there scans? I can't quite follow your story.

There were small scans in both lots, if it were a perfect world I would have noticed that Green Lantern 17 was DC Special 17 however I didnt. Still it would be like selling paste pottery as Meisen and putting meisen in the title and listing. Then when they cry foul I could say 'well I had a picture'.

This is the excuse the seller tried to use btw that there was a picture(small) so he's absolved of all guilt despite the title and listing being totally misleading.

Think of Ebay as Tony Soprano, as long as they get their cut, aint a damn thing they will do.

Best advise, dont loose any sleep over this.

Yeah it'll pass, the who cares attitude of ebay and the seller bothered me more than the actual money.

In all fairness...DC Special #17 is very easy to recognize with the big DC Special on the cover...I believe that you just weren't observant enough to notice this and the seller is only guilty of mislabeling the auction which BTW was listed in the "Superboy" category...You didn't expect to get a "Superboy" comic did you???...

My take is that the seller would have been nice to offer you a refund but was not obligated to and you should probably be more observant when bidding or at least chalk it up to an oops and move on...

from his about me page...

quoting...

REGARDING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

? REGARDING NEGATIVE AND NEUTRAL FEEDBACK -- PLEASE DON'T LEAVE IT AGAINST ME WITHOUT CONTACTING ME FIRST !! (AS INSTRUCTED BY EBAY ) -- AND I WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU. -- MOST OF OUR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WAS COMPLETLY AVOIDABLE --- WITH 20,000+ SUCESSFULLY COMPLETED DEALS, AT LEAST GIVE ME THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT THAT I WILL TRY TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR TRANSACTION IS COMPLETED TO YOUR SATISFACTION.

AND PLEASE BE ASSURED I WILL LEAVE THE WORST POSSIBLE FEEDBACK AGAINST YOU SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO IGNORE EBAY RULES AND FAIL TO CONTACT ME PRIOR TO COMPLAINING AND MAKING AND IRREVOCABLE NEGATIVE COMMENT.

THANK YOU AND HAPPY TRADING !!

sellers like this illustrate something i've believed all along. when deciding whether or not to bid on a seller's items, a seller's "feedback about others" is AS important as their actual feedback. if someone only gives negs, u know ur getting one too...

sellers like this illustrate something i've believed all along. when deciding whether or not to bid on a seller's items, a seller's "feedback about others" is AS important as their actual feedback. if someone only gives negs, u know ur getting one too...

Well...he is up front about it... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

my gosh. this guy obviously doesn't leave feedback until u've left him a positive. even then, look at his

feedback about others

it's all red...

what a [@#%#^]!

Yup, over 12,000 transactions and he has never made a mistake, it's always the buyers fault. You couldn't pay me to deal with a [!@#%^&^] like this.

This guy is an arrogant SOB... hello? try to find customer service because you obviously have none.

I don't buy from people who don't take credit cards, period. ESPECIALLY when an insufficiently_thoughtful_person like this is the seller.