• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to the hobby, wondering about something...

71 posts in this topic

I've been accidentally sucked into this hobby, and have decided to just go with it.

I notice that the grade of a comic seems to be the most important aspect, behind, of course, what comic it is to begin with. I don't generally approach things the same way most people do, so this grade aspect got me thinking:

Has anyone ever collected a full gradation(0.5 - 9.8(seems like the consensus top grade)) of a specific issue?

I also asked this in the Ask CGC Forum.

Thanks,

Kevin

Has anyone ever collected a full gradation(0.5 - 9.8(seems like the consensus top grade)) of a specific issue?

I Haven't.

I always strive for 9.8's

However I have gotten a few 9.2's 9.4's.

There isn't yet a single book that is represented all the way from NG to 10.

(Now watch someone prove me wrong.)

I bet you are right. 10s are somewhat rare and the books that would get 10s probably wouldn't be submitted under low grade conditions.

I've been accidentally sucked into this hobby, and have decided to just go with it.

I notice that the grade of a comic seems to be the most important aspect, behind, of course, what comic it is to begin with. I don't generally approach things the same way most people do, so this grade aspect got me thinking:

I also asked this in the Ask CGC Forum.

Thanks,

Kevin

Ive never even considered this. It sounds silly, but i like it hm

It would be interesting (and challenging) to try to "manufacture" some low grade copies that achieved a specific CGC grade. Imagine deliberately messing up copies of a book to get a 4.5, and you keep getting back 4.0s and 5.0s, but no 4.5.

And WTTB!

What are you views on starting your own business, underage girl GIFs and Paypal?

My views on most topics are constantly changing and easily swayed.

Copper Age 9.8s are the SHIZNIT.

You should buy them all.

I know someone who has a lot of them.

It would be interesting (and challenging) to try to "manufacture" some low grade copies that achieved a specific CGC grade. Imagine deliberately messing up copies of a book to get a 4.5, and you keep getting back 4.0s and 5.0s, but no 4.5.

hm