• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Value on Amazing Spider-Man 28 CGC 9.0

64 posts in this topic

Here's some data from my records. Very sporadic numbers. If you want the book for yourself, I'd do it, but if you're looking for re-sale you may have a tough time.

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #28 CGC 9.0

$1,076.75 JUN-18-02

$810.00 Dec-15-01

$572.17 JAN-27-02

$1,076.75 JUN-18-02

"Hey, Bill, pass me that glass pipe to your right? Yeah, that's the one. Can you pass that vial of crack sitting right next to it? Thanks. Can you pass me that lighter? Can you also pass me that angel dust/ crack/ marijuana blunt I rolled that's sitting right next to it? And that fifth of grain alcohol? And those Percodans? Thanks. I've got to go on ebay for a while, I just figured I might as well get myself primed to do some serious bidding. I just can't bid correctly unless I'm completely out of my mind. Seriously. I don't want to be able to even read the numbers on my keyboard!"

$700 for a ASM 28 in a 9.0? hey i'd take it for that price,According to Andrew's records it sold for over 1K in June,but then slumped around december and january.WHY? Crash? Nope...cause it was x-mas! time to give, not to buy for yourself.Flying Dount,Buy that ASM 28 and sit back and relax at the good deal you got. Kevin

I personally think it's an $800 book. I didn't record every 9.0 I saw, but one of the resons for the low #'s is that at that time there were 9.0's being thrown around left and right, which temporarily saturated the market for this book in that grade. I've also seen at least 2 8.0's sell in the $400 range. I think $800 is a resonable value when it costs about 10X more for NM9.4. I personally would take a 9.0 for $700, but I'm holding out for a 9.2.

One more very recent data point on a Spidey 28 CGC 9.0 in addition to Andrew's: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=737592954

Also on August 27th, a dealer (qualitycomix) used buy-it-now on a copy for $500 within hours of the listing. That means to me he likely thinks it was worth more than that.

It's definitely worth $700, depending on the label comments, page whiteness, and other eye appeal factors. And as you can see from the above link's bidder list, I'm in the market for a great copy of this issue! Feel free to contact me with a scan if you obtain the book.

I'd rather pay 3K for a 9.2, and put the other 5k towards a KEY NM9.4.

As much as I like ASM #28, and as tough as it is, it isn't a key. Kind of like #11.

Yep, it's massively overhyped. Yeah, it has the blackest cover of all the Silver Spideys, but so what? The Molten Man is rather lame, and there are other dark-covered issues--especially ones with black spines--that are just as hard to find in high grade.

It's a great cover no doubt, and its scarcity in grade makes it highly coveted, but

7-8K is a little too much for me on that book unless I was flipping it. But for my own collection, Id rather not park that much capital on that particular book, when I could get another exceptional(slightly lesser) copy for possibly half the price.