• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Batman #243

12 posts in this topic

Here's another that I am considering submitting to CGC. Now the interesting thing about this book is there is no bottom staple. Not that its been removed, but it was never there!

The top staple is there and the book is firm, but no bottom staple. No holes in the spine where it should be, no nothing. So my question is, does this affect the grade and will it still get a blue label?

Cheers Chris.

Batman242.jpg

Batman245Back.jpg

Missing a staple (as in one never being there) would be considered a production defect. These generally don't detract from a CGC grade.

yes, I have had 2 Silver Age Marvel books this way. I also have had a book where there was a staple hole on the cover but not on the pages. NOw that one puzzled me on how staple can punctured the cover clearly and not make even a tiny dent on the first wrap.

I'm wondering how this would fair sitting in a slab with the whole bottom half of the book being able to move freely? With the old SCS coming into play, I would be worried about the stress put on the top staple and the bottom half of the pages moving away from the cover.