• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor Movie as good as Iron Man

602 posts in this topic

If the film does well at the box office, there could be 2 sequels. I'm big on character development, I could sit for a 3 hour Thor film, myself...

Apparently, for reasons of length several scenes were cut that suggested a closer relationship between Sif & Thor, which would have been in line with the comics...

That said, I could use more Walt Simonson involvement in the production design on the next film and his story ideas for "Thor 2." Bring on Beta Ray Bill & the Surtur's Saga! (Faint hope, but it's there.)

In the meantime, Hulk (manipulated by Loki) to get into it with Thor in the Avengers film would be *most* entertaining!

I've been hoping that Hulk would be the target of the Avengers.

Hulk vs Thor would friggin rock. ^^

If the film does well at the box office, there could be 2 sequels. I'm big on character development, I could sit for a 3 hour Thor film, myself...

Apparently, for reasons of length several scenes were cut that suggested a closer relationship between Sif & Thor, which would have been in line with the comics...

That said, I could use more Walt Simonson involvement in the production design on the next film and his story ideas for "Thor 2." Bring on Beta Ray Bill & the Surtur's Saga! (Faint hope, but it's there.)

In the meantime, Hulk (manipulated by Loki) to get into it with Thor in the Avengers film would be *most* entertaining!

Which one do you think is stronger?

Which one do you think is stronger?

Muhammad Ali :takeit:

It is an OK film, but i doubt anyone will truly rate it on par with Iron Man.

Many fans around the world already compare it to the quality of Iron Man...

No, it's not as good as IM.

I didn't like Iron Man. Does that mean I will like Thor even less?

Probably - you're a closet DC fan.

Your words have pierced my heart. You are dead to me.

See - you're really Lex Luthor!

As per Journey Into Mystery 112, Hulk is stronger if Thor lays off on using the hammer (Odin cast a spell, etc. don't want to spoil the story), but with Mjolnir--epic struggle...I highly recommend the Hulk vs. Thor animated film for the Loki/Enchantress manipulation of the Hulk to lay ruin to Asgard...

Meanwhile, now that I have a small bushel of Loki's 1st appearance in JIM #85, I really want a copy of Avengers #1. Would it be too much fanservice for that film to put in the dialogue from the cover:

Thor: "Loki! Prepare for battle!"

Loki: "The Avengers...Bah! I'll destroy you all!"

I would make a loud squee of fanboy joy at that snippet of dialogue!

If enough of us go to the theater this weekend, a Thor sequel would more likely get the go ahead...Meanwhile, I really regret not picking up copies of Avengers #1 & #4. So pricey! Maybe next year...

Then you would be Mercy Graves.

Then you would be Mercy Graves.

I have no idea who that is.

Is Google broken in the UK?

Is intelligence in remission in the US?

Hell, don't look at me. I didn't vote for him.

Prisoners can vote?

Is Google broken in the UK?

Is intelligence in remission in the US?

Hell, don't look at me. I didn't vote for him.

Prisoners can vote?

Yes, but we now refer to them as "Australians."

I really regret not picking up copies of Avengers #1 & #4. So pricey! Maybe next year...

movie comes out next year, and that's really when the movie hype will really go nuts, just look at JIM 83 spike.

I need that much time to raise the disposable income. I would welcome more attention on the Avengers and less on Thor, in an attempt to make my JIM collecting easier, but alas, 'tis not to be. Thor's been undervalued for years, imo.

High grade copies of Av #1 and #4 and JIM 83 are already out of reach for me, I'm afraid. Mid grade copies of AF #15 too, for that matter.

Want a silver age investment book? The nicest copy of AF #15 you can find. Done :)

Just watched the movie (it opened here last week).

The beginning of the movie, up until the point that Thor gets cast out of Asgard, was great. I started getting really psyched thinking this movie just might be decent. The scenery and special effects were sumptuous.

Unfortunately, it all fell apart for me once he went to Earth. Not because the movie wasn`t faithful to the comic, since I expect that Hollywood will alway believe that they can improve on a plotline and characters that have passed the test of time. Rather, it was the leaps in logic, gaps in the story, lack of any characterization, etc. etc. Even the special effects on Earth weren`t very special, although I have to admit that the Destroyer was pretty cool.

Odin and Loki were well done, and I liked the fact that the Warriors 3 were featured prominently.