• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor Movie as good as Iron Man

602 posts in this topic

That reminds me of James Bond, too. I'm really pulling for Joss Whedon to do a great job on The Avengers...

That's who's doing the Avengers? Good God. Prepare for a lot of emotional baggage, whining and tortured souls. Hank Pym should shin like a freakin' star.

Seeing it on the big screen is probably enough for me, as 3-D's not a draw, though if they offer it at the local IMAX I might splurge. I haven't been in an IMAX theater since Laser Floyd, decades ago...

I envy our Aussie and Kiwi brethren for getting to see the film early on the big screen. As for the Infinity Gauntlet, I thought I read about that appearing in the Capt. America film?

They do it when they're nvervous about a lot of money sunk into a film.

NZ/Oz are demographicly very similar to the US. So they get to see before it launches in the US roughly how it'll do, and whether to throw some more marketting dollars at it.

Plus they get to plug as "#1 film in Australia" etc etc.

I generally love Branagh, but remember his Frankenstein?

Oooof..

I actually did not mind it in the theatre - I was hammered after drinking all day with a couple of Aggie friends at university (they could get pitchers of beer for $5 apiece at one of the campus bars starting at 11:00 am) so when I caught it later that night with the girlfriend and her friends it was all a blur. lol

I envy our Aussie and Kiwi brethren for getting to see the film early on the big screen. As for the Infinity Gauntlet, I thought I read about that appearing in the Capt. America film?

They do it when they're nvervous about a lot of money sunk into a film.

NZ/Oz are demographicly very similar to the US. So they get to see before it launches in the US roughly how it'll do, and whether to throw some more marketting dollars at it.

Plus they get to plug as "#1 film in Australia" etc etc.

Thor is from Australia :gossip:

:) Bropper or Cronze. It is all good. I started collecting in 1982 so I am right on the cusp.

Don't be discouraged by the inevitable shill accusations. It's a rite of passage.

:) Bropper or Cronze. It is all good. I started collecting in 1982 so I am right on the cusp.

Don't be discouraged by the inevitable shill accusations. It's a rite of passage.

I am a shill.

hm

Who cares? This place needs a few shills to liven it up a little.

hm

Who cares? This place needs a few shills to liven it up a little.

I do the best I can, Doc :sorry: