• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albany Comic Con

44 posts in this topic

albanycc.jpg

This past Sunday was the Albany Comic Con and up until Saturday, I wasn't sure if I was going to go but late Saturday night I decided that I'd take the family with me on a little road trip across the NYS thruway.

I'm glad I went despite the cost in getting there...

Gas- $40.00

Tolls- $12.00

Admission- $10.00 (My daughter got in for free)

Food- $2,375.00... Seriously though, when did Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks and Wendy’s get to cost so much?!

Anyway, the weather was good for a road trip- a little rainy and cool.

We got there around 12:30 or so and it was quite busy and I thought that was good to see!

There were some costume folks, a good presentation in Artists row and I thought, a good showing of tables. I was a little disappointed though in the seemingly lack of graded books although Paragon Comics had about 20 CGC books there. I may have missed the graded books at other tables as there were quite a bit of people around a lot of the tables.

So here are some of the costumes...

Joe Statton was there and was pretty busy so I didn't get a picture.. there were some other great artists too but it was a bit crowded in that section.

The best surprise of the day came at the table of the Timony Twins.

I kept going back to this table and looking at their work.

Finally, after passing through a third time, I stopped and picked up their book.

I read the concept and flipped through the pages and was immediately drawn to it... A team of detectives from NYC in the 20's with a wisecracking Gargoyle sidekick!

I told them that I was slightly embarrassed at not knowing anything about them or their work but I bought the book as well as a deck of cards.

They told me that the cards had the Joker intentionally left out so they could draw the blank for you... I thought that was a nice touch!

So here is Peter and Bobby Timony's Night Owls!