• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

6038 points posted by duckduckmike

3 posts in this topic

Just started adding my X-Men 1-200 run!

Well, 71 issues, 33% complete, for 6038 points and a rank of 54 in the run. I'm pretty happy with that for a start. I have most of the X-men 1-200 in my hands, but the CGC has another 30 in process and I have another 6 shipping to me. I'm not going to be winning any awards, but this has been an ongoing project of the past 2 years as I've concentrating my collecting on a legacy collection and investment.

Plus, I do have reader copies as well as Essential X-Men TPBs so I can revisit the mutants whenever I want.

Wanted to say hello and look forward to comparing collections.

See more journals by duckduckmike

Congratulations! I can imagine the thrill of trying to reach 100% for a relatively popular (hence, many competing sets!) set like X-Men. I am trying to do the same with my Avengers 1-503 set (coincidentally, I'm at 33% too), and struggling with whether to submit raw/ likely mid-grade issues I currently possess for CGC grading, or just wait for some of the issues I need to be made available in online auctions at an affordable price.

Not sure I can ever complete this ever, but then again the fullfillment lies in the journey anyway, no?

All the best in your efforts to complete man