• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the longest amount of time you have stored a comic...

6 posts in this topic

with a protective coated backboard in a mylar sleeve? Was the comic condition the same or worse than when you first stored it away? I am assuming that comic was stored in a temperature controlled area that wasn't damp or exposed to direct sunlight for the purposes of these questions.

The comic collection I bought back in the early '80s consisted of about 10 long boxes. In the late 80s I bagged and boarded a box worth of items using Mylites and Time Xtenders from Bill Cole (not cheap).

The rest were rebagged and and boarded with standard Diamond backers.

This collection has been kept in my apartment/ house over the last 16 years in a non - climate controlled environment - although the temperature has been regulated (except in Summer, as I don't have AC) and they've been kept away from sunlight. I never changed any of the bags/boards as this collection was superceded by the current one.

Result: no noticeable deterioration in any of the books. Many of the ordinary bags have gone yellow (as have some of the boards) but the comics are all okay.

I have had some for 15 years with no problems. On the Mile Highs and expensive books I owned I took no chances with boards...I double-mylared them! You can put a board between the mylars if you want it "."

Timely

I have had some for 15 years with no problems. On the Mile Highs and expensive books I owned I took no chances with boards...I double-mylared them! You can put a board between the mylars if you want it "."

Timely

Over the last 2 years I have put all my comics that are not CGC'd in Mylite 2 bags with halfback boards. I am hoping to not have to do it again for another 7-10 years.

I think I first put my Church copies in Mylars in 1981 (no backing boards). They still look "as new". Other books I put in normal bags still look the same also. At least I don't see any difference.